Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think the service center overload is finally happening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model X at Fremont 2pm Friday and it was actually no big deal. It helps that it was a weekday, I guess, but there weren't that many people there and delivery went quite smoothly. One FWD had to be realigned, so it took about an hour and a quarter to get out of there, but much better than I was expecting.
Definitely a good idea to do a weekday (I did the same) and perhaps early in the day? I was 10 am at Tyson’s and was out the door in 45 minutes. One minor adjustment had to be made.

I guess Tesla not being able to sell enough cars, shut down centers and then operations entirely would be the preferred alternative?

I like Tesla loaners and fast appointments and fast service like the next person but I understand perspective, big picture and the long game.

The new to Tesla family will have their expectations rearranged really quickly.

Model 3 is going to be their first and last Tesla and it’s back to whatever they drove before?

I think not.

You put up with crazy If there is enough hot.

With a relatively small number of Service Center locations, and with rapidly increasing number of vehicles being sold, we should expect to see periods when some areas have extended times to get into service, until Tesla is able to increase capacity in those areas.

They've announced plans to deploy a fleet of mobile service vans - which should help considerably, able to handle most of the work currently handled by the Service Centers today. Increasing capacity should be much easier - by adding a van and a service technician - rather than trying to expand or add more Service Centers.

If Tesla is able to handle most of the service using mobile vans - that come to you, that should be a game changer...

Until then, may take some patience in areas where the Service Centers are swamped...

I definitely like having the ranger come to me. I do believe they are trying to get in at body shops in certain areas so the cars don't have to be trucked to far off service centers. That way, they would have access to lifts and equipment the rangers would need and the body shops would be compensated for usage. Win-win.