Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think Vroom screwed up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
wanted to share an experience I had as I know many are looking for deals. First and foremost, Vroom was an absolute nightmare to deal with.. I'm going to put together my entire experience and send to their executive team to seek some compensation for all the issues I faced, but today, I wanted to share a quick story about my purchase.

I was in the market for a Model S for a good deal (in this market I know I know). Vroom had offered me an absurd amount for my trade in, (10K more than I paid for it) and they had a 2017 Model S with 40k miles that had just listed at 45k. I called, put a hold on the vehicle and started asking questions about what all it had. the photos were good and everything looked clean, but it didn't have any packages and no FSD.

Well, I ended up picking it up today, and low and behold it has the tech and cold weather package.. and its already been retrofitted for FSD. I didn't notice the cameras in the photos but sentry is enabled and the MCU has been upgraded.

Vroom gave me the run around on this vehicle for almost a month and I think its because they realized they didn't have it priced correctly based on what's been done to it.

So anyway, screw Vroom but this might have worked out for me.

Reactions: Jpandes
I bought a 2015 Model S 70D from Vroom for $43k with 51,000 miles. OK, so, they drop off the Tesla at 6 PM on a Saturday night, with 2 miles range, and a dash flashing 12volt battery needs to be replaced immediately warning. I immediately took it to the super charger, but then got locked out. Called Vroom's roadside assistance and they sent a guy out. OK, so I had to go back to my house, not too far and pick up my socket set because the mechanic didn't bring any tools. We had to disassemble the the frunk to get to the 12 volt battery. Finally got it jumped, unlocked the car and finished the charge. The next day (Sunday) it snowed so I had to buy a car cover ($80) because I had to keep the driver's window down so I didn't get locked out again. MLK holiday (Monday) I drove down to Richmond, VA and had the Tesla dealership service department put in a new 12 volt battery, issue resolved. Vroom called me back. I explained everything and was reimbursed for everything to include the car cover. OK. breath. Vroom folks let the Tesla sit too long without a charge, that caused the power to drain and eventually cannibalize the 12 volt battery. Mechanic at Tesla wrote that into the bill so Vroom could see what they did wrong. EVs are new and some folks just don't understand how to take care of an EV, even the folks at Vroom, but I bet they will now. So, why would I buy a 2015 Tesla Model S? Because it's relatively cheap and I get free super charging (most Teslas before 2017). I have yet to pay for any super charging and it's right down the street from my house. So, no fuel/energy costs for me, just tires and rotations. Oh, of note, I found a doughnut tire (emergency tire) on amazon that will fit and a scissor jack to go with it if I ever need to change a flat.... and don't forget the pucks. Cheers.

I bought a 2015 Model S 70D from Vroom for $43k with 51,000 miles. OK, so, they drop off the Tesla at 6 PM on a Saturday night, with 2 miles range, and a dash flashing 12volt battery needs to be replaced immediately warning. I immediately took it to the super charger, but then got locked out. Called Vroom's roadside assistance and they sent a guy out. OK, so I had to go back to my house, not too far and pick up my socket set because the mechanic didn't bring any tools. We had to disassemble the the frunk to get to the 12 volt battery. Finally got it jumped, unlocked the car and finished the charge. The next day (Sunday) it snowed so I had to buy a car cover ($80) because I had to keep the driver's window down so I didn't get locked out again. MLK holiday (Monday) I drove down to Richmond, VA and had the Tesla dealership service department put in a new 12 volt battery, issue resolved. Vroom called me back. I explained everything and was reimbursed for everything to include the car cover. OK. breath. Vroom folks let the Tesla sit too long without a charge, that caused the power to drain and eventually cannibalize the 12 volt battery. Mechanic at Tesla wrote that into the bill so Vroom could see what they did wrong. EVs are new and some folks just don't understand how to take care of an EV, even the folks at Vroom, but I bet they will now. So, why would I buy a 2015 Tesla Model S? Because it's relatively cheap and I get free super charging (most Teslas before 2017). I have yet to pay for any super charging and it's right down the street from my house. So, no fuel/energy costs for me, just tires and rotations. Oh, of note, I found a doughnut tire (emergency tire) on amazon that will fit and a scissor jack to go with it if I ever need to change a flat.... and don't forget the pucks. Cheers.
My 2020 came with free supercharging and I used it a lot but according to my teslalogger total charging I did was 2.51Mwh at 10 cents that is about 250 dollars worth of Charging. The car had 9k miles when I sold so free supercharging is good if u r driving a lot or mining crypto :) and That is suppose to be bad for battery but I think That happens in a longer time period.