TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I think we can assume he got the tech package.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slackjaw, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

There was a recent raid on the "Dark Net", as documented e.g. here:

Silk Road 2 seized in international dark web drug bust (Wired UK)

From the article: Law enforcement officials found that he used a bitcoin exchange to cash out $273,626 between Silk Road 2's creation in November of last year and October of this year. About $70,000 of that money went towards a down payment on a $127,000 Tesla Model S."

2. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Hmmm, I'll have to check out the government auction on drug bust cars.

3. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

wallet.dat? ;)

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'm still stuck on the stupidity of naming the Silk Road replacement 'Silk Road 2'. Really? It's like waving a red flag. I understand the power of brand, but in this case might have been a mistake.

5. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I know. My darknet illicit auction site is named "Silk Road 3". Because it is one better.

Note to FBI et. al.: I make this comment in jest. I do not actually run a darknet illicit auction site, or anything similar.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Did it matter what it was named at that point? I think the hope was that the owner(s) wouldn't be found, not that no one would know it existed.