Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Thought FSD Was Wide Release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pushed the request FSD beta button in my car over a week ago and still haven’t gotten it
What software version are you on? Those on 2022.40+ typically don't "downgrade" to 2022.36.20 (which is "earlier" based on the week number 36 vs 40), so they need to wait for a newer version of FSD Beta potentially 11 which was spotted as 2022.40.5 but only went to a relatively small number of employees.

Same here. I did push the button on Thanksgiving day. It's now almost 10 days later and nothing.

I know people with software 2022.40 cannot get it - but I am on 2022.36 so that is NOT the issue.

I did sign-up for the trial before, and then cancelled before I got the FSD beta. I strongly suspect that is the reason - whether it's a tech glitch in the Tesla software or vindictive behavior. I cancelled because (1.) I didn't want to my radar to be disabled at the time for autopilot-on-highway. Well - it's already disabled so that's moot point - but no FSD. And (2.) our driving was supposed to be monitored for a week or so, and then get FSD beta; well it turned out after couple weeks that the monitoring will go forever despite not getting the beta. BTW my driving score is like 90 now so don't imagine that's the problem (even though it shouldn't matter with the wide release).

I just tried today to Opt-out and back in - see if it will make any difference. Doesn't seem to. The button seem to do nothing.

Hi @st_o_p ,

You seem to be on the right track.
Your software is at the correct level.
Even though Tesla removed the requirement of a safety score,
I believe that the requirement of driving 100 miles on autopilot
is still in place...
You were correct opting out and back in.
Now you need to add some autopilot miles.

I cannot see your car year or model type...

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi @st_o_p ,

You seem to be on the right track.
Your software is at the correct level.
Even though Tesla removed the requirement of a safety score,
I believe that the requirement of driving 100 miles on autopilot
is still in place...
You were correct opting out and back in.
Now you need to add some autopilot miles.

I cannot see your car year or model type...

Good luck,

Shawn

Thanks - we'll see if that's the case. If the requirement is 100 miles since last pushing the request button - unfortunately I just reset the counter today.
Most of the time we don't drive on Autopilot either since the driving is local. But good to know.

My car is 2019 Model 3 long range dual motor btw - with upgraded self-driving hardware to v.3.

I pushed the request FSD beta button in my car over a week ago and still haven’t gotten it. I thought 10.69.3.11 was the wide release version for anyone who requests. Did I miss something?

Yes. It’s not in wide release.

It is only open to those FSD owners who request it, do 100 AP miles after the request, have the correct hardware, and have the correct (must be out of date, so would not normally occur) software version to allow the upgrade path to .36 to occur. I am not sure if there are any other caveats, but that is the short list.

There may be various tricky ways to somehow get it otherwise, but of course that would not be wide release either.

It’s not clear whether there are additional restrictions for those on the subscription model.

If it were in wide release, it would be the default software version downloading to all qualifying vehicles, on the next available update, and it would be enabled by simply having purchased the software and toggling the enable (requiring owner to read warnings about how to use the system safely).

Within the last 30 days, I believe.
This "100 AP miles" requirement is NOT correct. I think I put on a total of about 5 miles after requesting the FSD beta a couple months previously, yet I was offered the beta immediately after it went to wide release. You need: 1) an appropriate software version, 2) have a paid or active subscription to FSD, 3) have requested it in car, and 4) have all the hardware you need to run it (MCU, cameras, etc.). And haven't been disabled from FSD for some other reason.

Reactions: cgell
So I did drive some miles on auto-pilot. Not quite 100 miles, more like 60.
That may or may not have worked. Couple days ago the car started to download a software update - 2022.36.20 - so I'm hopeful that will include FSD.

It seems stuck however. Last night it was 65% downloaded, and right now (about 14 hours later) it is 67% downloaded. My wi-fi is working and the Internet connection is fine - but the download doesn't seem to make much progress. I guess I'll wait - not like there is any choice.

To add an additional anecdote here, I received 2022.36.20 on Wednesday 12/7 after the following timeline:

- Took delivery of 2019 M3 on Monday 11/28, subscribed to FSD same-day
- Updated to 2022.36.6 on Tuesday 11/29
- Completed 100 autopilot miles on Tuesday 12/6
- Service appointment on Wednesday 12/7 (unrelated to FSD, alignment and trunk harness retrofit)
- Checked for updates after service appointment, 2022.36.20 downloaded/installed 12/7

So it does seem to be "wide release" in the sense that I'm a new owner and within 24 hours of hitting the 100 autopilot miles requirement, the update was pushed. Also have Tesla Insurance and an avg 97 Safety Score, for what it's worth.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
That may or may not have worked. Couple days ago the car started to download a software update - 2022.36.20 - so I'm hopeful that will include FSD.

It seems stuck however. Last night it was 65% downloaded, and right now (about 14 hours later) it is 67% downloaded. My wi-fi is working and the Internet connection is fine - but the download doesn't seem to make much progress. I guess I'll wait - not like there is any choice.
Yes, 2022.36.20 will include FSD beta 10.69.3.1. Just be patient... the download will eventually complete.

Confirm that 2022.36.20 is the latest FSD beta for "normal people", so congrats!
It's likely already done downloading the actual files at 50%, the rest is decompressing the update files and preparing them for install. The progress bar isn't great about giving you details between downloading/unpacking/preparing etc.

Confirm that 2022.36.20 is the latest FSD beta for "normal people", so congrats!
It's likely already done downloading the actual files at 50%, the rest is decompressing the update files and preparing them for install. The progress bar isn't great about giving you details between downloading/unpacking/preparing etc.

One for every occasion:

• Funny
Reactions: TresLA
Thx guys.

You may be right that the last 50% is prep after the download. I just took a short drive - the download had stopped and I assumed it's completed. But when I checked current version I was still on 2022.36.06. When I got home the car reconnected to the wifi. Sometime after it resumed the download - now it's showing 50% downloaded (down from 68% 3 hours ago). Looks like we're moving in the wrong direction :))
If it's unpacking files - weird that it needs Internet connection.

Anyway - I'm sure we'll get there (by next year :p ).

Thx guys.

You may be right that the last 50% is prep after the download. I just took a short drive - the download had stopped and I assumed it's completed. But when I checked current version I was still on 2022.36.06. When I got home the car reconnected to the wifi. Sometime after it resumed the download - now it's showing 50% downloaded (down from 68% 3 hours ago). Looks like we're moving in the wrong direction :))
If it's unpacking files - weird that it needs Internet connection.

Anyway - I'm sure we'll get there (by next year :p ).
I think (but I'm not certain) it may need to verify checksums for the files against the server to ensure file integrity, so it may need the wifi connection for that reason. But either way you'll be on 2022.36.20.. eventually 🙃

I think (but I'm not certain) it may need to verify checksums for the files against the server to ensure file integrity, so it may need the wifi connection for that reason. But either way you'll be on 2022.36.20.. eventually 🙃

Maybe. I never looked into the updates downloads before - when one showed up it just installed - whenever.

Now I'm looking at it - and it doesn't make any sense. The car was downloading the update it was 68% then disappeared. Then it popped up again later and it was 50%. Now it's a day later - and there is no download going on. The car says it's up to date - and it's on 2022.36.06 and no FSD. It's beyond me how it cannot download update for several days. My phone updated it's Android to newer version this morning - the download took like 5 min, and the whole process completed in 10.