Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I thought of a slogan.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daniel

May 7, 2009
Kihei, HI
I thought of a slogan for Tesla:

"Get the zoom without the vroom."

Okay, it's probably silly, but I really like the fact that I get bone-jaring acceleration and the only noise is a quiet hum that makes me think of a sci-fi space ship. The Model S and Model X will apparently have very respectable acceleration as well. Not so sure about the Bluestar.

The cool electric car you dreamed of is finally here.

The longer commercial:

Remember when you were a child and dreamed that in the future you'd drive an electric car? That future is here. Tesla Model S. A no compromise luxury electric sedan. 0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds with 100% torque off the line....etc.... Experience the electric car of the future you always dreamed of.

I like your "More ZOOM, less VROOM" as well.

Vroom has years of positive connotation, so I'm not sure a motto diminishing it quite works.

But definitely something implying it. Maybe "power, quiet , economy, no compromises." Meh, that's a bit boring, but I think you have to go the route of saying specifically quiet is good rather than saying vroom (noise) is bad.

I like the
Drive Quickly. Tread Lightly.
that Tesla has on their website (Model S page)

How about starting the commercial showing the car zooming around corners quickly with a loud booming engine noise and you slowing pan into the car to see Michael Winslow from Police Academy making the engine noises then the tag line

Drive Quickly.
Tread Lightly.

In case you're wondering, I'm not in advertising:smile:

How about starting the commercial showing the car zooming around corners quickly with a loud booming engine noise and you slowing pan into the car to see Michael Winslow from Police Academy making the engine noises then the tag line

MW is in the passenger seat making V8 sounds. Cut to the driver who (exasperated) says "Give it a rest Micheal"
Michel stops sheepishly. Model S silently drives away on a country road.

It is? Sorry, first I've ever heard of that.

Mazda%E2%80%99s-SkyActiv-Not-Affecting-Zoom-Zoom-Mantra.gif

Last edited by a moderator: