Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I thought of a slogan.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've posted this before, but I always pictured a dead silent commercial of Model S flying around a beautiful road with stats about the environmental and performance gains of the car, and then the tagline:

Zero emissions. Zero compromises.

Tesla Model S -- you will never hear it coming.

I think I've posted this before, but I always pictured a dead silent commercial of Model S flying around a beautiful road with stats about the environmental and performance gains of the car, and then the tagline:

Zero emissions. Zero compromises.

Tesla Model S -- you will never hear it coming.

That doesn't sound to you like the car will run over pedestrians?

How about "Do the Math"? That might get people intrigued and when you do the math on these cars, the low total cost of ownership can be quite compelling, especially if you drive a lot. This also applies to the PowerWall.

No. If you do the math on the PowerWall it does not pencil out. I have a 9kW array. Last year, my bill for the year was about $120. This year so far, it's still -$88 (negative 88 bucks) because we had a very mild spring compared to last year.

I do not live in a net metering state, and while I do get paid for my excess production, I don't get paid well for it. So the PowerWall should make sense for me, except the main thing running at night where I am is Air Conditioning -- a load that I'd need a lot of PowerWalls to run (if I could run it at all -- not exactly sure how stacking will affect the constant power throughput).

Basically, 2 7kWh PowerWalls for me will have something like a 43 year pay back period. I'm still probably going to get at least one, just because. But not because the math works out. It doesn't. Not at all.

All that said, I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow. Now, there's a state where the math would work out.

I see we have a lot of budding Don Drapers on the forum. How about Jean luc Picard in the drivers seat looking over to his first officer and saying "if you want to feel a real rush watch this. Engage!" Then all you hear is the whoosh sound followed by the tag line Tesla, powering you into the 22nd century

Best slogan is the current one, which varies a bit, but is basically: "love it, best car I've ever owned, never going back, here's why..." Delivered impromptu by thousands of owners on demand. While advertising slogans can be catchy and amusing, tyey have nowhere near the impact in this era of thousands of five star reviews from owners.

I think the people in the viral "insane mode" video could be edited into a pretty great commercial, added to others that explain the product a bit.

I am on record saying I wish they would spend a bit on a classy campaign. I don't see the issue with long wait times. And I think they could do with a bit of initial branding. If they don't control their messaging TM's enemies will.

"Tesla Time - it's longer than you think" :wink:

"Tesla - next month's customers will get a better car. Deal with it."

"Yes you're right, the New Low is not as low as the Old Low. Thank you for focusing on what's important for the future of transportation"

"Tesla - something we do will upset someone"

"Tesla - shredding tires since 2006"

"Drive another way"

"Torque of the devil"

"Hydrogen is .... a really great way to blow stuff up"

Last edited:
1. After today's release of 2Q15's delivery numbers, Jenny asked me "Hadn't there been all sorts of commentary about how demand had fallen off?" In honor of that, here's my new slogan:

Nobody buys Teslas anymore. They're far too popular.

2. Time for another Quiz. This one's pretty tough, I think (don't cheat and Google...this might be googleable), so I'll give 250 TeslaPoints® to the first correct set of answers. Follows is the 'official', albeit awkward, translation into English (that's your first clue...), adapted to fit Tesla. That is, "automobiles, etc." and "Tesla" were not part of the original.

* A: Who wrote the original of the following; and

* B: to whom and/or what did the original refer?

Taking automobiles from their invention to the present day, what Tesla Motors has done is much the better part.

Last edited:
1. After today's release of 2Q15's delivery numbers, Jenny asked me "Hadn't there been all sorts of commentary about how demand had fallen off?" In honor of that, here's my new slogan:

Nobody buys Teslas anymore. They're far too popular.

2. Time for another Quiz. This one's pretty tough, I think (don't cheat and Google...this might be googleable), so I'll give 250 TeslaPoints® to the first correct set of answers. Follows is the 'official', albeit awkward, translation into English (that's your first clue...), adapted to fit Tesla. That is, "automobiles, etc." and "Tesla" were not part of the original.

* A: Who wrote the original of the following; and

* B: to whom and/or what did the original refer?

Taking automobiles from their invention to the present day, what Tesla Motors has done is much the better part.

I will play:

Yuri Gagarin, rocketry, spaceX :)

Edit: Some rocketry expert not dead 50 years ago...

@Audobon: I believe Leibniz said this about Newton and mathematics/calculus.

Even though I've also read that there was quite the controversy as to who of the two had actually "invented" calculus.

Last edited:
Ding ding! We have correct answers (someone PM'd me before Johan):

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, co-inventor/discoverer of calculus (or if you're a Brit, the calculus), said of the other inventor/discoverer:

​Taking mathematics from the beginning of the world to the time of Newton, what he has done is much the better part.

Pretty heady company, wouldn't you agree?