Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I thought the 120kWh battery is here but it's not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: as was just pointed out, this was too good to be true! The car was set to IDEAL miles and not rated! It is still a 100kWh pack. Sorry about that! Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Background: got a loaner from the SC on manufacturer plates. The X is badged as a P100DL and is quite new. Got the car with very low charge and as it turns out, repairs on our X take longer than expected so I was forced to drive it a bit longer and stop by a SC to top up.

120kWH here we come: to my surprise when I returned to the car it was still charging and doing so quite fast! The X100 gets 295 miles rated so by the time I was back, I was expecting to be at the high 200s (slows down due to taper). To my surprise, the car kept charging! I let it charge to see how far it would get and..... we ended up at 360 miles! The car is badged as a X100DL everywhere and the pack shows 100kWH on the label, but this is obviously no 100kWh pack :D

Looks like I'll get to play with this a few more days.

about.jpg center.jpg dash.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rouget