Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I took a tour of the factory today and did a quick drone shoot as well!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did this guy get permission to fly his drone at the factory?
Did he have insurance? Did he have the 107 certificate for flying?
Was he prepared to cover the damage to any Tesla should he have crashed?
Did he realize it is illegal to fly over built up areas and especially freeways?
Did he notify the nearest airport to inform them of his flight?

My guess is that the answer is "No" to all the questions.
I would suggest to the OP to remove his video immediately from YT as the FAA is constantly perusing social media sites and YouTube for violations. He stands the strong possibility of getting a knock on his door from the agency which would lead to thousands of dollars in fines.
Tesla would never ever allow such a flight on their property unless it was pre sanctioned, approved, and signed off on the understanding that the operator had his 107 and insurance which covered at least a million dollars liability.
As a professional drone pilot in Canada with a Standing SFOC, Special Flight Operations Certificate, the Canadian equivalent to the 107, I am disheartened at the number of people who fly their drones completely irresponsibly.
This is why more and more restrictions on recreational drone flying are being implemented all the time. Eventually, this will lead to the outright ban on flying for fun and only certified commercial drone flights will be permitted .
I'm not one to rant normally, but when I see something like this, I have to.