Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I took delievery of a new MY today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
I'm so excited to get my first Tesla. I've been wanting one for years (and years) and was finally able to make it happen. My son and I went over (almost) everything and apart from some minor scratches / paint issues, it was great. We drove it home (2 hrs) without any squeaks or groans or funny noises or anything.

However, when I tried to wash the windows, the wipers came on but there was little to no fluid coming out. :( I thought maybe they didn't fill it up at the showroom and I would just top it off when I got home. But when I added more fluid I saw that the tank was almost full and when I tried to use the washers at home fluid started pouring out onto my driveway. :mad:

Has anyone had this happen? Is this a common problem with windshield washers? Am I using them incorrectly or something?

Thanx!
Richard

Reactions: VikH
Not knowing much about the Model 3 or Y windshield washer, I find it interesting the 3 fluid does not spray, they shoot out along the blade.

Also take a look here where he shows where the hosed attached and to check to ensure they are in fact attached.

Now, where are those pictures of this new Model Y??

• Helpful
Reactions: RNHurt and Dennisis
Thank you everyone! Here she is getting her first drink from a watering hole in the wild. It's going to take a bit of getting used to but I already LOVE every single thing about this car. Except getting peed on when I try to wash the windows. :)

Yes, I think the washer problem is probably a minor issue - maybe a hose came off somewhere. I can hear the pump running and some water did come out the first time I tried to wash. Maybe there is a missing hose clamp on the hose so it came loose. I've scheduled an appointment and the mobile ranger is supposed to visit next week, so that's good.

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_162517.jpg
    IMG_20200802_162517.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 109
Yes, I think the washer problem is probably a minor issue - maybe a hose came off somewhere. I can hear the pump running and some water did come out the first time I tried to wash. Maybe there is a missing hose clamp on the hose so it came loose. I've scheduled an appointment and the mobile ranger is supposed to visit next week, so that's good.

I was able to figure out the problem this morning. The main feeder hose to the washers was not connected. After popping up the battery cover I saw the hose just laying there, so I just reattached it and it worked great. 10 second fixes are the best fixes. :)

I was able to figure out the problem this morning. The main feeder hose to the washers was not connected. After popping up the battery cover I saw the hose just laying there, so I just reattached it and it worked great. 10 second fixes are the best fixes. :)

Tesla's new slogan - "Buy a Tesla and learn to diagnose/fix factory quality issues at home!" :)

I had a related by different issue. My driver's side wiper hose wasn't connected and I had to teach the delivery guy how to fix it. Was a very easy fix, by popping the frunk and pushing the hose on. He acted like it was normal to have the hose flopping about on the windshield just under the wiper, at first, until I investigated further and insisted it didn't look right. Silly. Now, I'm still not getting washer fluid through either side though, which I assumed was bc it didn't have fluid. Planning on checking this main hose location later today...I may have had *two* hose issues though.

Last edited:
I'm def sure that they did not fill my washer fluid at the factory or showroom. It was not working and I bought one of those huge bottles at AutoZone and it took over 1/2 the bottle. it still did not work immediately after the fill but magically started working the next day. Weird.

I had something similar happen with two of my cars (non-Tesla). One (Kia) the hose came loose from the bottom of the tank and just dumped the washer fluid, the other (Mercedes) the hose came loose nearer the wipers and was leaking into the driver side from under the dash. They were both repaired under warranty thankfully.