TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I took delivery of my 3 in June - Now I want to add EAP

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by ranss12, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ranss12

ranss12 Member

Bloomfield, NY (30 miles south of Rochester)
    Has anyone added EAP after delivery? How do I do this? Do I need to take my car into a sevice center?
    Thanks in advance!

2. pcpro

pcpro Member

Login to your teslaaccount and go to upgrades

3. Shateam

Shateam Member

Unfortunately, be prepared to pay 1K more than you would have paid had you purchased it prior to delivery. ($6,000 after delivery vs. $5,000 at the time of ordering).

4. twm01

twm01 Member

When you do this, do you pay the flat amount (5K/6K) or is there tax added?

5. pcpro

pcpro Member

it's amount plus tax

6. Darscot

Darscot Member

Where does one find upgrades, it might be because I'm on the Canadian website but I can't find it anywhere. I even tried the US website and I still can't find it.

7. Runebane

Runebane Member

I don't see an upgrade area in the US Tesla website either. I would suspect you need to call the service center to upgrade it. But you shouldn't have to take it in as they can push the software (or more likely flip the has EAP to TRUE flag) directly to the car.

• Like x 1
  8. pcpro

pcpro Member

Canada, you have to call your service center
    US, login to tesla account, manage vehicle, then click on autopilot upgrades

9. smatthew

smatthew Member

I heard a rumor that "add EAP" is missing from the website because of the 14 day trial.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. Robmil

Robmil Member

How do I start the 14 day trial? I am on software version 2018.28.2 but I don't see how to activate the EAP trial.

11. bolton2160

bolton2160 Member

I didn’t get EAP when I ordered the car but by the time we picked it up my wife wanted it so Tesla was nice enough to give us a Due Bill for EAP at pre delivered pricing but we had to take it in to a SC for the upgrade.

12. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

WHAT !!! ???

13. bolton2160

bolton2160 Member

Yes Sir. We took delivery in Costa Mesa and they booked us an appointment for the following week to bring it back down for the EAP. Now that I think about it, the person at the SC was surprised that was all I was there for.

14. crackers8199

crackers8199 Member

that is strange...i ordered EAP with the car, and also took delivery in costa mesa. they told me when i took delivery that they had missed that on the order paperwork, and it would be pushed to my car within a few days. sure enough, the following day i had EAP. no trip to SC required.

• Informative x 1
  15. bolton2160

bolton2160 Member

Ya, not sure why they made me go to the SC. Maybe because I didn't configure the car with it and added it after I had paid for the car? IDK, I didn't mind, I was just happy they didn't make me pay the after delivery price.

16. halfricanguy

halfricanguy MSM Model 3

There used to be a spot for it on the US Tesla site but I found recently that it has disappeared for myself as well. I agree I think it has to do with the free trial period but I don’t see why it should. I don’t have EAP and am interested in the trial but haven’t received it yet. I sent a message to the support team via the website a few days ago to see if they could push it to my car but no luck yet.

Here’s the support page for the trial, and an excerpt:

We expect all owners who have not already purchased Enhanced Autopilot to have their 14-day trial activated and available to use over the next several weeks. There are many factors that affect exactly when your Autopilot trial will begin, including car type, location and current software version. In general, owners are more likely to get software updates sooner when connected to Wi-Fi.

17. daniel

daniel Active Member

Except that my car shuts off wi-fi when it goes to sleep! The app cannot wake it up. Nothing can wake it up other than unlocking the car by opening the door.