Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I took delivery of my 3 in June - Now I want to add EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see an upgrade area in the US Tesla website either. I would suspect you need to call the service center to upgrade it. But you shouldn't have to take it in as they can push the software (or more likely flip the has EAP to TRUE flag) directly to the car.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I don't see an upgrade area in the US Tesla website either. I would suspect you need to call the service center to upgrade it. But you shouldn't have to take it in as they can push the software (or more likely flip the has EAP to TRUE flag) directly to the car.

I didn’t get EAP when I ordered the car but by the time we picked it up my wife wanted it so Tesla was nice enough to give us a Due Bill for EAP at pre delivered pricing but we had to take it in to a SC for the upgrade.

Yes Sir. We took delivery in Costa Mesa and they booked us an appointment for the following week to bring it back down for the EAP. Now that I think about it, the person at the SC was surprised that was all I was there for.

that is strange...i ordered EAP with the car, and also took delivery in costa mesa. they told me when i took delivery that they had missed that on the order paperwork, and it would be pushed to my car within a few days. sure enough, the following day i had EAP. no trip to SC required.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
that is strange...i ordered EAP with the car, and also took delivery in costa mesa. they told me when i took delivery that they had missed that on the order paperwork, and it would be pushed to my car within a few days. sure enough, the following day i had EAP. no trip to SC required.

Ya, not sure why they made me go to the SC. Maybe because I didn't configure the car with it and added it after I had paid for the car? IDK, I didn't mind, I was just happy they didn't make me pay the after delivery price.

There used to be a spot for it on the US Tesla site but I found recently that it has disappeared for myself as well. I agree I think it has to do with the free trial period but I don’t see why it should. I don’t have EAP and am interested in the trial but haven’t received it yet. I sent a message to the support team via the website a few days ago to see if they could push it to my car but no luck yet.

Here’s the support page for the trial, and an excerpt:

We expect all owners who have not already purchased Enhanced Autopilot to have their 14-day trial activated and available to use over the next several weeks. There are many factors that affect exactly when your Autopilot trial will begin, including car type, location and current software version. In general, owners are more likely to get software updates sooner when connected to Wi-Fi.