Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I took delivery Saturday - loving my model Y!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything went well in Chicago taking my Deep Blue Long range AWD Model Y. It had 23 miles on it and was in flawless condition - the autopilot cameras were calibrated from the moment I got in the car. That night I had my first software update. Sunday first road trip. It’s been a joy so far!

Stopped in Gilman, IL for a quick 250 kW charge up!

Thanks!
James Weber

Last edited by a moderator:
OH! Funny that I was excited that my Model Y came with Radio — after reading reports of Tesla removing that for folks upgrading their model S media centers, for some reason I was fully expecting my Model Y not to come with an FM/AM radio tuner. Happy to find that out as I had issues with streaming driving to go camping in rural Indiana trying to stream in a model 3 this past summer.

Did it come with the new headlights? And what is your range showing at 100% charge?

I charged it up this morning to 100% and it was showing 326 but I will say, interestingly, I still had full regen breaking. Hmmmm.

not sure on the headlights. I’ve seen videos of the differences but not sure I could spot the difference without them side by side.

if I had to guess, I have the old style as i don’t see those boxy geometric cutouts, but rather a soft horizon line.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
Congrats James! It's a wonderful car isn't it?

Just a quick note.. the radio is FM only. With all the streaming choices.. I haven't used the radio yet in the 1.5months I've owned the MY.
Thanks!
yes! Realllly loving it.

The family is floored by it.

Thanks for the clarification on FM only.
My only interaction with AM radio in the last 20 years is getting in my dad’s car and switching from Rush Limbaugh back to NPR :)

Reactions: TJ73
Glad you had a better experience than I did yesterday. I went to pick up a new Performance Y yesterday and refused delivery. The new car only had 20 some miles on it but was very dirty with poor panel alignment and the rear bumper cover either had broken clips or wasn’t properly snapped in. Tesla had scheduled the appointment a few days earlier and I drove 130 miles to pick it up They said I could schedule an appointment to come back to have it cleaned and prepped but that is the idea of scheduling a new car delivery. I was trading in our ‘19 Performance 3 and unfortunately it was day and night how much cleaner and nicer my trade looked sitting next to the new car. They didn’t even have a public charger at the delivery center to give me a buffer to make it to a charger to head home with our car, not a great experience. I have bought quite a few expensive new Performance Teslas over the last few years and have always left delivery disappointed knowing Tesla could have done far better. I have bought quite a few new German cars in the same time period and was always quite happy with delivery.

Glad you had a better experience than I did yesterday. I went to pick up a new Performance Y yesterday and refused delivery. The new car only had 20 some miles on it but was very dirty with poor panel alignment and the rear bumper cover either had broken clips or wasn’t properly snapped in. Tesla had scheduled the appointment a few days earlier and I drove 130 miles to pick it up They said I could schedule an appointment to come back to have it cleaned and prepped but that is the idea of scheduling a new car delivery. I was trading in our ‘19 Performance 3 and unfortunately it was day and night how much cleaner and nicer my trade looked sitting next to the new car. They didn’t even have a public charger at the delivery center to give me a buffer to make it to a charger to head home with our car, not a great experience. I have bought quite a few expensive new Performance Teslas over the last few years and have always left delivery disappointed knowing Tesla could have done far better. I have bought quite a few new German cars in the same time period and was always quite happy with delivery.
Sorry to hear about you’re experience. That must be frustrating. I hope they get things cleared up for next time!

How was your pickup?! That’s exciting. The fart on honk has been super fun.

It's been amazing! My car had some niggles like a dirty dash and some residue on the trim but they fixed it. I still have to go back for them to align the rear trunk and the rear right taillight doesn't sit flush but these are things that can be fixed. I'll just drop it off and have them fix it for me. I am absolutely LOVING LOVING the car. Need to get the windows tinted this week. Enjoying the heck out of it!

The mod bug is going to bite and I'm going to purchase the acceleration boost. It's only a matter of time. LOL.

• Love
Reactions: jamesweber