Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I traded in my Model S for a Prius Prime

COS Blue

Oct 18, 2020
Colorado Springs, Colorado
what I do not understand is that people got to come on and argue about hybrids on a Tesla forum. Tesla has never made one and never will. Add irrelevant argument to stupid argument.
I agree with most of your argument ;). But arguing about hybrids on a Tesla forum is perfectly relevant. Prius Prime is a viable competitor to a Tesla. Even a Prius Hybrid is a viable competitor. There are those of us who bought our Teslas chiefly because of its lighter impact to the environment, so comparing Tesla to other cars with light environmental footprints is worthwhile. Tesla will never make an ICE either but people compare Teslas to BMWs and Mercedes and whatever else on this forum all the time.

Other than that, your contribution to the stupid argument is well taken!

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd

aerodyne

Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
There is a lot to be said in favor of Toyota PHEVs ... and some important negatives that have been mentioned in this thread.

I was mostly very happy with my Prime during the year I owned it while waiting for our Tesla but I'll admit to one, shallow aspect that gnawed at me: I *really* did not like how the car looked from the rear. The experience taught me to avoid any further episodes of buying a car sight unseen. It was too late for the Tesla but I lucked out there.

I'll bet you see more Prius rear ends now than you did before...😁

Wilber

Oct 17, 2015
Mill Valley, CA
Thanks for your post. Sure, different strokes for different folks. I have been driving Teslas since 2014. I recall some kind of informal survey on the Tesla forum in 2014 or 2015. The question was "What car did you used to drive?" AND the single most common response was "Prius"! So, not such a big surprise that now a few Tesla drivers might just go back to Prius......

Reactions: rjpjnk

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC