Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I traded my Tesla for a Lexus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came from a 4th gen LS 460 short wheelbase. Another recent Tesla convert came from a much nicer 4th gen LS 600hL hybrid long wheelbase.

The LS is a phenomenal car and indeed quieter than our Raven S on the road. At idle, the 4gen LS is superbly quiet, beaten by only the LS 430 before it (and I've had both) -- often you can't tell the LS 430 is running unless looking at the tachometer, it literally is as silent at idle as an EV. Even though our LS was a 2013 it had:

4-zone climate control
Cooled and heated seats, front and rear
Power side and rear sunshade
Two separate AC units
Reclining rear seats with massage
Air suspension
Chill box for keeping drinks cool
Better blind spot and rear cross traffic alert
Auto high beams WITH swiveling headlights during turns
Power thigh extender for driver's seat

I love the Model S and LS for different reasons. Both cars have their strengths and are phenomenal in their own way. Drive what makes you happy.

Last edited:
Really ridiculous all the hate towards anything non-Tesla. Get over yourselves. Some of these posters give the rest of the Tesla community a bad rep.

Yes, we love our EVs but don't act like you never drove a gas car before Tesla existed. We were just as guilty of breathing the fumes and dealing with the realities of ICE ownership. You can still have a very nice ICE car. Not everyone gets a Tesla to improve the planet or their health.

I love to share the benefits of our Raven S with others too but I don't shove it down their throat. Let folks feel good about their choice, it isn't hurting you in any way. And, it's not like EVs are perfect either. Cold weather has a very real and significant impact on range. A buddy's 10-month-old Model S has the yellowing around the screen. I give Tesla a pass on panel gaps because the cost went into the battery and tech, it's still bad though when owners report water leaking into the footwell or base of the windshield. My Raven S had a paint defect so bad the SC repainted the A-pillar and both side mirrors. I am also taking my MS to the SC on Monday to replace both front half-shafts (again) due to shudder. Lastly, the popularity of Teslas will create issues for the existing owner base. As Model Y takes off and adoption of Teslas continues to grow, my fear is increased crowding and lines at existing Supercharger stations despite V3 upgrades.

But back to my point, troll or not, it's fine for someone to leave Tesla. Their money, their choice. At least it frees up a Supercharger spot (well, maybe not since that trade-in will probably get re-sold). Let them be and feel secure in your own choice without having to bash someone else's (pretty nice) ride.

Last edited:
Really ridiculous all the hate towards anything non-Tesla. Get over yourselves. Some of these posters give the rest of the Tesla community a bad rep.

Yes, we love our EVs but don't act like you never drove a gas car before Tesla existed. We were just as guilty of breathing the fumes and dealing with the realities of ICE ownership. You can still have a very nice ICE car. Not everyone gets a Tesla to improve the planet or their health.

I love to share the benefits of our Raven S with others too but I don't shove it down their throat. Let folks feel good about their choice, it isn't hurting you in any way. And, it's not like EVs are perfect either. Cold weather has a very real and significant impact on range. A buddy's 10-month-old Model S has the yellowing around the screen. I give Tesla a pass on panel gaps because the cost went into the battery and tech, it's still bad though when owners report water leaking into the footwell or base of the windshield. My Raven S had a paint defect so bad the SC repainted the A-pillar and both side mirrors. I am also taking my MS to the SC on Monday to replace both front half-shafts (again) due to shudder. Lastly, the popularity of Teslas will create issues for the existing owner base. As Model Y takes off and adoption of Teslas continues to grow, my fear is increased crowding and lines at existing Supercharger stations despite V3 upgrades.

But back to my point, troll or not, it's fine for someone to leave Tesla. Their money, their choice. At least it frees up a Supercharger spot (well, maybe not since that trade-in will probably get re-sold). Let them be and feel secure in your own choice without having to bash someone else's (pretty nice) ride.

The OP was looking for clicks and being facetious. He also invited feedback positive or negative knowing full well that he is stirring the pot here with his sales ad. He gets what he gets. We will welcome him back when he gets rid of that ugly Toyota...:) Sorry but that grill is just ugly! Grass is always greener on the other side... I wish him good luck with it! He can go to the Lexus forums for his attaboy!

Last edited:

You have a choice. Don't elevate "I only care about my cabin noise" over real and hard consequences for others. Yes, you're not the only factor, but if you can afford the option and you chose an ICE you chose to add to the direct health issues of others.

Yes, we love our EVs but don't act like you never drove a gas car before Tesla existed. We were just as guilty of breathing the fumes and dealing with the realities of ICE ownership.

I had no choice. There was no EV offering. And if it were not for Tesla, there would be none today.
As soon as I had a choice, I got the most cost effective EV I could afford (which was not a Tesla btw, but also would not exist were it not for them).

Not everyone gets a Tesla to improve the planet or their health.

It's not about "improving the planet", the planet will do just fine regardless of climate. The things living on it less so. Humans in particular, the least. And it's not about your health, but that of the people who love and work next to roads and in cities, which is most of us.

Your post proves that even given the choice, we as species are too ignorant to make long term choices. You just proved that this must be driven by policy. ICE bans in population centers and stiff cost-offset taxes or ICE registration fees can't come soon enough.

Keep saying people like me sit on high horses. It's not going to stop me and many others doing what we can to change policy.

Reactions: KalJoMoS
It’s not Tesla fanboyism.

Everyone should revolt against disengaged randoms using this place as an amplifier for their shitty YouTube channels. Pro-Tesla or otherwise. It adds nothing of substance or value to the conversation.