Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

I traded my Tesla Model S for a RAV4 Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SO16

Feb 25, 2016
MI
plus the lie of FSD that I got swindled on,
Fortunately I knew enough to not buy something until I KNOW what I’m getting. I did buy it during the 5k fire sale for all of autopilot/EAP/TACC and FSD. For that price I think it’s fair for what I get. Even if it doesn’t improve beyond this point. 10k is too expensive for current functionality.

It is unfortunate you’ve had that many poor experiences with Tesla. Fortunately I have had the opposite. But like anything, you can always find cases in either camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: tccartier
I too went through lots of issues with Tesla Service, most of the problems were the service techs damaging my vehicle and having to fix it again, and again, and again! Yea, glad i only paid $2K for FSD. There’s absolutely no benefit over current EAP which is essentially adaptive cruise control which essentially all cars have today. IF I were to purchase another Tesla, no way I would pay $10K for the feature. Waiting to see how Rivian does or perhaps an EQS. Good luck with your new ride.

Um yeah so after owning two Model S' over 6 years I just got so done with the endless need for minor repairs, plus the lie of FSD that I got swindled on, and so many other unmet promises that I had enough... I traded my loaded P100D model S for a RAV4 Prime.

Hello quality and dependability my friend ;)

Move along.

This is amazing to me. It doesn’t matter how many quality issues one has, on what other offerings abound - some people will fall on their sword to defend a brand.

I don’t get it. With any manufacturer.
Maybe, just maybe, it’s because Tesla is the only auto manufacturer pushing us towards a sustainable future while all the others have spent enormous sums lobbying to delay the switch to EVs. But yeah, go support the other brands....

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because Tesla is the only auto manufacturer pushing us towards a sustainable future while all the others have spent enormous sums lobbying to delay the switch to EVs. But yeah, go support the other brands....
I absolutely will - if they produce a superior product with superior service. I’m really looking forward to the EV6 and Ioniq 5 offerings. A sustainable EV future isn’t one with the current state of Tesla service. It’s just not.

My real hope is that Tesla figures it out before it gets too engrained in the corporate culture. That does happen.

Call me a car snob, but there are a ton of cars I’d drive, but I’d never ever ever buy a Toyota or Honda unless I couldn’t afford anything else and it was just transportation. Even the nice ones still shout econobox to me.

Never Ever. Did I say never ever?

Lexus. Not interested, but I get why some are. Its basically a Toyota that you can tell ur friends about. Same argument applies to Infiniti, Acura. These cars have no soul and nothing to offer except transportation. Reliable. In general yes. But there are lemon Toyotas and Hondas too... admittedly less, but they exist.

The real questions have to be

1) if it was just transportation you wanted, why the top of the line abd fastest S to begin with?

and

2) if you like the speed and sportiness, why in the world would you then buy a rav4 of all things? assuming you could actually afford the S.

Call me a car snob, but there are a ton of cars I’d drive, but I’d never ever ever buy a Toyota or Honda unless I couldn’t afford anything else and it was just transportation. Even the nice ones still shout econobox to me.

Never Ever. Did I say never ever?

Lexus. Not interested, but I get why some are. Its basically a Toyota that you can tell ur friends about. Same argument applies to Infiniti, Acura. These cars have no soul and nothing to offer except transportation. Reliable. In general yes. But there are lemon Toyotas and Hondas too... admittedly less, but they exist.

The real questions have to be

1) if it was just transportation you wanted, why the top of the line abd fastest S to begin with?

and

2) if you like the speed and sportiness, why in the world would you then buy a rav4 of all things? assuming you could actually afford the S.
Strange questions, you do know that liking performance cars and wanting a car just for the transportation aspect are not mutually exclusive right?

A person can like and purchase a performance car and then move on to something completely different.

• Disagree
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
Disagree all you want. But it’s a priority thing. If you simply prioritize transportation, by all means, go for something to get you from A to B.

My car is more than transportation. I beyond love driving. I love sports/sporty cars. When I had less money, I was finding a sporty, fun driving option in my price range. Even buying a CPO if needs be. That my priority. We all differ. My wife cares less than I do, but likes driving. My dad is like me; my in-laws see transportation (despite having the funds to get more).

Ignore my disdain for economy brand Japanese cars and see my point tho.

Model S P100D (100D...) to a RAV4. It doesn’t add up. Not in the least. Ever. They are polar opposites. If you can swing the P100D price, you have a ton of options. Tons. If you wanted a P100D, it implies a desire for speed and Luxury.

Now RAV4? Not saying there aren’t people who would want that car, not saying it’s a bad car, but it couldn’t be further away from a P100d.

it just makes no sense.

Strange questions, you do know that liking performance cars and wanting a car just for the transportation aspect are not mutually exclusive right?

A person can like and purchase a performance car and then move on to something completely different.
They can. It just means a complete and utter shift in priorities. And if your video is
“I traded my MS100 for a RAV4” and your rationale is quality, then it would make sense that there are literally another 30
Car options one would consider first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC