Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I tried "Launch Mode" for the first time today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I guess it couldn't possibly, given the outstanding numbers it generates. So does that mean somehow it has better traction than the Tesla?

Better traction, not better traction control.

With the current state of the art on tire technology, feats like that are only possible with racing slicks on a prepared track surface - your average road isn’t nearly sticky enough to allow it, and the tires that can do that are hopeless in the rain.

Your battery got to temperature in 11 minutes?

The one time I went to full Ludicrous+ mode it took more than half an hour to heat the pack...
Actually, yep. The car had been supercharging and the battery was already at temp.

Also, you can do Launch Mode before the battery is fully at temp. It’s available the instant you press “Max Battery Power” after initiating Ludicrous+, even if you still have a bunch of estimated heating time left. Launch Mode on a non-warmed battery is still pretty impressive. The fully warmed battery only adds a touch more in my experience.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Actually, yep. The car had been supercharging and the battery was already at temp.

Also, you can do Launch Mode before the battery is fully at temp. It’s available the instant you press “Max Battery Power” after initiating Ludicrous+, even if you still have a bunch of estimated heating time left. Launch Mode on a non-warmed battery is still pretty impressive. The fully warmed battery only adds a touch more in my experience.

I didn’t know that. The Stats page only comes up when the pack is warm, so I figured Launch Mode was the same. Thanks.