Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I used to think CNN was reputable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current headline is Tesla is making enough cars but can’t sell them. What flamebait! If you move away from the valuation lens for a moment Tesla is breaking records. CNN will no longer be my main news source. Trump’s attackings on the press are frightening, but media is not without issues.
So one story that is factually incorrect is enough to send you in search of a more fair and balanced source. You might try Fox News. I am familiar with at least one famous person who thinks they are always accurate.

So one story that is factually incorrect is enough to send you in search of a more fair and balanced source. You might try Fox News. I am familiar with at least one famous person who thinks they are always accurate.

Nice assumptions there. Multiple articles including about Tesla have been flamebait. There is a guy named Cilia or something, relatively more dramatic and I appreciated the previous person more. FYI more like news from the Apple app, no longer going direct to CNN. No Fox here either.

Reactions: X Fan and 1208
The current headline is Tesla is making enough cars but can’t sell them. What flamebait! If you move away from the valuation lens for a moment Tesla is breaking records. CNN will no longer be my main news source. Trump’s attackings on the press are frightening, but media is not without issues.
Sounds like they got you huh

I've just checked the forum to see if anyone else noticed that. It's freaking ridiculous and that headline and article, which is pure speculation from some guy, who's very business might be to undermine some companies for his stock benefits. And the article content is one thing, but that headline on main page is just so wrong. And a lot of people, including myself, often look at headline only. It's misleading.

CNN completely lost any respect for me. Because if they write such a complete bullshit on topic I'm familiar with and can see how wrong it is, then what about other things. Then what about stuff I don't follow everyday and don't know enough to realise what they writing is complete bullshit. Like politics, other economic and such. Was Trump right calling on them for so many fake-news. This is bad.

IMO, CNN hasn't been a news station for quite a few years now. Their ratings are in the toilet and they seem to be trying to recover with what would be called clickbait if it were online. Goes for most cable news these days.

It's hard to qualify how and what they report until they present incorrect information on a topic that you know about and understand. Wolf Blitzer is now the voice of reason on CNN.

I've just checked the forum to see if anyone else noticed that. It's freaking ridiculous and that headline and article, which is pure speculation from some guy, who's very business might be to undermine some companies for his stock benefits. And the article content is one thing, but that headline on main page is just so wrong. And a lot of people, including myself, often look at headline only. It's misleading.

CNN completely lost any respect for me. Because if they write such a complete bullshit on topic I'm familiar with and can see how wrong it is, then what about other things. Then what about stuff I don't follow everyday and don't know enough to realise what they writing is complete bullshit. Like politics, other economic and such. Was Trump right calling on them for so many fake-news. This is bad.
Of course he was right. MCNNGA.

The best sources are *specialty media* (because their audience is professionals in the field and less likely to tolerate bull). Second best is a wide variety of foreign media.

I actually gave up on CNN when they were cheerleading the Iraq War. Because embedded reporters, exciting entertainment, visually interesting, and who cares if you're not getting the whole story, it looks cool.

So was using the Apple News app and CNN had a headline Tesla’s magic wearing off as Model 3 excitement dwindles. Wow. There is no evidence at all to suggest this except only the negativity and click bait driven news cycles. I used to the think until the last few days that I wouldn’t get a model 3 bring an X/S person. With the model 3 performance I am starting to think I went to get one in addition to my current X. The auto reviews are largely glowing. I think the auto review mags- also consumer reports- will outweigh flamebait media. I wonder about legal action against CNN. Press should be free but not when they are peddling balatant misinformation.

Reactions: SteveG3
Of a number of headlines about SpaceX CNN has the only negative one I could find. CNN must have something out for Musk. I hate the term fake news but CNN’s coverage of all things Musk sure feels like it. I can’t believe this out of a company I used to have a lot of respect for.

Attachments

• D5078FA2-1A84-4362-A8E1-99DC70A3ADBD.png
    D5078FA2-1A84-4362-A8E1-99DC70A3ADBD.png
    708.7 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: SteveG3
I think there's a very large "pay-for-play" aspect to the media (I actually think that for the large media outlets, this "pay-for-play" incentive is bigger than the "click bait" aspect). There'a huge money that sloshes from massive industry giants to large media outlets (fossil fuels and transportation make up about 10% of the global economy). Tesla is not sloshing any of that money.

I encourage people to go to the comment sections of these articles and use them as a platform to present facts. While I don't think CNN has comment sections (think about that, lols), the Yahoo hosted version of this latest article does have one,

Tesla's magic is wearing off as Model 3 excitement dwindles