TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I used to think CNN was reputable

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Magus, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Magus

Magus Member

The current headline is Tesla is making enough cars but can’t sell them. What flamebait! If you move away from the valuation lens for a moment Tesla is breaking records. CNN will no longer be my main news source. Trump’s attackings on the press are frightening, but media is not without issues.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. azred

azred Active Member

So one story that is factually incorrect is enough to send you in search of a more fair and balanced source. You might try Fox News. I am familiar with at least one famous person who thinks they are always accurate.

• Funny x 12
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. Magus

Magus Member

Nice assumptions there. Multiple articles including about Tesla have been flamebait. There is a guy named Cilia or something, relatively more dramatic and I appreciated the previous person more. FYI more like news from the Apple app, no longer going direct to CNN. No Fox here either.

• Like x 2
  4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Sarcasm is like common sense. Not so common anymore. :rolleyes:

• Like x 5
  5. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

Sounds like they got you huh

6. R-123

R-123 Member

I've just checked the forum to see if anyone else noticed that. It's freaking ridiculous and that headline and article, which is pure speculation from some guy, who's very business might be to undermine some companies for his stock benefits. And the article content is one thing, but that headline on main page is just so wrong. And a lot of people, including myself, often look at headline only. It's misleading.

CNN completely lost any respect for me. Because if they write such a complete bullshit on topic I'm familiar with and can see how wrong it is, then what about other things. Then what about stuff I don't follow everyday and don't know enough to realise what they writing is complete bullshit. Like politics, other economic and such. Was Trump right calling on them for so many fake-news. This is bad.

• Like x 11
  7. jdw

jdw Supporting Member

IMO, CNN hasn't been a news station for quite a few years now. Their ratings are in the toilet and they seem to be trying to recover with what would be called clickbait if it were online. Goes for most cable news these days.

It's hard to qualify how and what they report until they present incorrect information on a topic that you know about and understand. Wolf Blitzer is now the voice of reason on CNN.

• Like x 7
  8. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

• Like x 2
  9. azred

azred Active Member

Of course he was right. MCNNGA.

10. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Sorry, no single news source is reputable. One has to read all of them and make their own judgement. If you find agreeing with one too much, need to read more.

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  11. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

I used to work in television news for several years. Lately, I agree you need to use several sources to get the news. Reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

• Like x 3
  12. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

The best sources are *specialty media* (because their audience is professionals in the field and less likely to tolerate bull). Second best is a wide variety of foreign media.

I actually gave up on CNN when they were cheerleading the Iraq War. Because embedded reporters, exciting entertainment, visually interesting, and who cares if you're not getting the whole story, it looks cool.

• Like x 8
  13. Magus

Magus Member

So was using the Apple News app and CNN had a headline Tesla’s magic wearing off as Model 3 excitement dwindles. Wow. There is no evidence at all to suggest this except only the negativity and click bait driven news cycles. I used to the think until the last few days that I wouldn’t get a model 3 bring an X/S person. With the model 3 performance I am starting to think I went to get one in addition to my current X. The auto reviews are largely glowing. I think the auto review mags- also consumer reports- will outweigh flamebait media. I wonder about legal action against CNN. Press should be free but not when they are peddling balatant misinformation.

• Like x 1
  14. Magus

Magus Member

Of a number of headlines about SpaceX CNN has the only negative one I could find. CNN must have something out for Musk. I hate the term fake news but CNN’s coverage of all things Musk sure feels like it. I can’t believe this out of a company I used to have a lot of respect for.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  15. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Only good thing about CNN is Anderson Cooper:

• Like x 1
  16. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

I think there's a very large "pay-for-play" aspect to the media (I actually think that for the large media outlets, this "pay-for-play" incentive is bigger than the "click bait" aspect). There'a huge money that sloshes from massive industry giants to large media outlets (fossil fuels and transportation make up about 10% of the global economy). Tesla is not sloshing any of that money.

I encourage people to go to the comment sections of these articles and use them as a platform to present facts. While I don't think CNN has comment sections (think about that, lols), the Yahoo hosted version of this latest article does have one,

Tesla's magic is wearing off as Model 3 excitement dwindles

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. Magus

Magus Member

CNN is inadvertently Tesla’s biggest short supporter. Elon if you come across this I would have a chat with senior leadership

18. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Yet another CNN piece today on Tesla, focusing on the Montana Skeptic, twitter, Seeking Alpha, events. Spoiler alert, I found it to be incomplete and quite misleading in a manner unflattering to Musk and Tesla.

Has Elon Musk lost control of his hype machine?

19. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Geez give the guy a break, he runs 3 huge companies and has a weird goth girlfriend. He's probably totally stressed out.

• Funny x 3
  20. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

How low can these guys go?

SpaceX loses multi-million dollar nose cone - CNN

Title is negative and click bait, but the content is just facts around recovery attempt

• Informative x 1