Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Want a Big Count-Down Meter on TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 7 days and some hours until they cannot hide the Model 3 specs from us any longer......
You reminded me of the Volt roll-out. The CS mpg was obviously going to be way under the 50 mpg the fans had convinced themselves of (with more than a little GM "help") so GM decided to not disclose the number at all, and instead told people they would find out after purchase as they drove the car.

... to the Model 3 reveal.

Sure, most of us probably know it is upcoming but consider:

1. It is a statement that we look towards this moment with the significance due
2. If I pass out while waiting, I won't have to figure out what day it is when I regain awareness.

And the following in addition:

1. Loud buzzer going off 5 minutes before the 9pm reveal, loud enough to wake me up after the 2 bottles of the best Pinot Noir I have been saving up for the 28th.

2. In case #1 doesn't work, an automatic web app that checks all available option boxes, including the signature red color, and submits the form at 9:00:00.001

3. A large physical catapult capable of launching my full size and anatomically correct piggy bank filled with $50,000 directly to the assembly line in Fremont.

If I think of anything else, I'll get back to you...

RT

• Love
Reactions: SageBrush
Not very proficient at web based software development, so I had a friend help me out with the coding required to create the countdown clock. Here we can see that there are 7 days left until the Model 3 delivery ceremony. Feel free to copy and distribute the "source code" so that the clock can be shared with other sites leading up to the event...

countdown%20clock_zpsa4lnnaw7.jpg

Not very proficient at web based software development, so I had a friend help me out with the coding required to create the countdown clock. Here we can see that there are 7 days left until the Model 3 delivery ceremony. Feel free to copy and distribute the "source code" so that the clock can be shared with other sites leading up to the event...

countdown%20clock_zpsa4lnnaw7.jpg
So what do you do next Friday though when there are 0 days left? No wine left for reveal day? Is that when you pull out the beer/liquor/champagne?

So what do you do next Friday though when there are 0 days left? No wine left for reveal day? Is that when you pull out the beer/liquor/champagne?
Then you need to get more granular and switch from counting down 7 days to counting down 7 hours instead. So, starting at 1PM Friday, a bottle of beer (since the wine supply is exhausted) at the top of each hour until 7PM... maybe a couple bottles more until the presentation starts at 9PM... perhaps an additional bottle in case Elon is late. :)

7beers_june26_web.jpg

(CAUTION: Not recommended for those attending the event in person, only for us schmucks relegated to watching the webcast at home :) )

Last edited: