Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a Metallic Silver please Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla-jpg.451427

From this thread We constantly get compliments on our silver AWD - great car that makes driving fun again......

there was no color among the choices that i really would have chosen. so i stuck with the white which looks great, but eventually will probably have it wrapped or painted. have always wanted something in true candy apple, but some of the color changing wraps are beautiful too.

Reactions: LasVegas2019
I have a Silver Metallic Model 3 (as you can see from my profile pict) and it is by my favorite color and by far my favorite when dirty! I do think some other colors look great, but really don't want to have to clean/dust my car every day. My 2015 BMW X3 was (just sold it a few weeks ago) Glacier Silver metallic and were almost identical. Anyway, decided to go with the White on White Performance Y. I however might end up wrapping it. It seems that 3M's Satin White Aluminum is really close.

I have a Silver Metallic Model 3 (as you can see from my profile pict) and it is by my favorite color and by far my favorite when dirty! I do think some other colors look great, but really don't want to have to clean/dust my car every day. My 2015 BMW X3 was (just sold it a few weeks ago) Glacier Silver metallic and were almost identical. Anyway, decided to go with the White on White Performance Y. I however might end up wrapping it. It seems that 3M's Satin White Aluminum is really close.
My plan is to get the Y wrapped bright silver as soon as this COVID lockdown is over with. Very disappointed Tesla does not offer bright silver metallic anymore.

Doesn't have to be the old silver but something very close perhaps with more luster. I think it would look clean and nice with the blacked out trim and Induction wheels.

Ponder it please. Enough said.

(Hint: Mercedes Diamond Silver Metallic?)

PS Anyone want to Photoshop it for Elon?
PPF. You don't need Elon's help and your paint will be protected as well.

PPF. You don't need Elon's help and your paint will be protected as well.

I've worked with 3M vinyl for decades and I would NEVER recommend this as a good, long-term solution. If you plan on keeping your car you could paint it once and be done. Even the best 3M vinyl graphics have long-term limits. They will eventually fail, and then you have to pay $4000-$5000 to remove the old vinyl and replace it. I'd rather paint it once and be done.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr X
I remember when it was discontinued in 2018. There were talks that it was the least popular color so they removed it to simplify their production. At the time people loved the midnight silver and thought the metallic silver blended in too much with regular ICEs, but I personally like it after pearl white. Everytime I see it now it stands out in a sea of Tesla's in CA.

Silver is such a universally popular color for any car, I can't imagine why it was discontinued. I love my MS in sliver!
I remember when it was discontinued in 2018. There were talks that it was the least popular color so they removed it to simplify their production. At the time people loved the midnight silver and thought the metallic silver blended in too much with regular ICEs, but I personally like it after pearl white. Everytime I see it now it stands out in a sea of Tesla's in CA.

Yeah, I have no doubt it was probably the least popular color at first. I think some early adopters thought it was plain and wanted to stand out and there were others who were disappointed because it wasn't that Satin or Matte Silver Metallic shown at the debut. But as time goes on I think more buys are more practical and it is really a shame they haven't added it back. I'd bet Silver is the most popular color here in the Phoenix area because it is so practical. Fancier than white (although pearl white is pretty too), doesn't get nearly as hot to the touch as dark colors, holds up better to fading, and looks good dusty.

This is my little bit of joy. As you can see I am also a lover of Silver, not just because of the color, but when I was ordering it (in 2016!) I kept looking at the other available colors, including the White on Black (I had a Ford Fusion that was full on Stormtrooper, so liked that look). But I had that car and color since 2014 - so I wanted something different.
I kept looking at the other available colors, and none felt right (for me) so went with Silver. I also wanted to mimic the original Silver 2016 look that was presented during the unavailing. I ended up wrapping my car in XPel Stealth which gave the paint a matte look with some depth (it is hard to show depth in lighter colors). I just powder coated my rims in Jan to take a bit away from too much silver.
Personally I think it looks pretty good (as does my Wife's Red 3 as you can see in the Garage).

Cheers.

M3P.png

I agree. I have a 2018 long range metallic silver rwd M3 (13,000 miles) that looks great. The color doesn't show the dirt. I'll sell it when I get my MY (hopefully soon). The M3 has been a great car with no problems and is just a joy to drive. I'm only selling it because I'm an old fart that wants a car that's easier to get in and out of. My wife has a 2016 Model X but two of them won't fit in the garage. I really believe that most people have no idea how functional and fun these cars are.

Reactions: Ken7