Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a new Model S

360C

Aug 5, 2015
Melbourne Australia
I'd love to buy a new Tesla X or S to replace my existing cars that are about to go out of warranty. Not interested in going back to ICE vehicles and Tesla still make the best EV's out there; but the current Models are barely any different to the cars that I already own.

I'd probably update to a "plaid" model when it arrives; but if it has a central dash and controls like the Model 3 that would kill that idea stone dead. In that event I'd probably just keep my existing cars.

In theory a Taycan is interesting; but when you take the whole EV ecosystem into account I think you would regret moving away from Tesla.

Novatec

Apr 30, 2016
Melbourne
If I keep the car until 2022 it will be the longest I've kept any car. I can't stomach going back to ICE, but there are no EVs (Tesla or otherwise) that are a step better than my 4 year old Model S.

Agreed. I've been waiting for a refresh for 3 years now, and check regularly to see if I can update the Model S - looks like project Palladium will give us an opportunity - but that's not due till next year . .

360C

Aug 5, 2015
Melbourne Australia
Plaid/Palladium/Roadrunner will probably be announced 22 September (won't be cheap tho).

Just wait 6 months after the release and Tesla will drop the retail price by 30% :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    98 bytes · Views: 9

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC