Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want EAP on my CyberTruck

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Sure, FSD may be nice one day, but trying to order a cT my only options are FSD or no. Right now if you bought a Model 3 you have the option to add EAP (Enhanced AutoPilot) on top of the free AP that came with the car (or perhaps on a car that you didn't get any sort of driver automation). FSD is still available in addition and a reduced price after the EAP purchase.

I have FSD (or will when it's finally delivered) on my TM3. I can see asking the TM3 to come to find me somewhere when I decided I don't wanna walk home, or the person that drove me isn't around to pick me up, or best of all, send the car somewhere. Send the car to go park, go charge up, or go drop off a package at a friend's. This will be great. I wanna drive my RV across country and have the car stage itself nearby. When I think I will need a car I summon it from where ever it has found to charge and park.

But I don't think I will ever want those features ALSO on my cT. And free AP is pretty good, keeps me from crashing if I look down or doze off for a second. But I REALLY like not having to track the directions on the map, not having to turn on spoken directions. Just let the car change lanes as required to make it to my destination's exit off the freeway. That's what I want on the cT and will gladly pay half of what FSD costs to get it done.

Reactions: Hank42

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC