Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want the new 3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking to sell my LR RWD for the new SR+ (standard plus), and I will be paying around $2-3k USD
for the difference, does it make sense you think?
My current car has about 55k km. Please advise!!
It depend of your usage, but I would take a LR AWD over a SR just because I will not hesitate
taking my car for a weekend trip especially when living in a Northern state in winter.

Your passengers will be the first to appreciate skipping and wasting time at a Super Charger.

And when driving on mountain roads with passengers,
getting an AWD with about 400 HP versus a RWD with 200 HP is a no brainer.

If you only use your car for a daily commute and very rare weekend trips,
just keep your car until it dies, and buy some TSLA stock instead.

But 55k miles in two years is a lot a driving, so this is not just a daily driving...

I suspect that very soon the LR and SR will be as follow:

- the Model S/X will have a 130 kW and a 100 kW battery.
- the Model 3/Y will have a 100 kW and a 75 kW battery.
- and there will be a compact Model 2/Z with 50 kW battery.​

Last edited:
Is homelink not available in the new model 3? Or you just wouldn't get it added after delivery?
Oh yea I guess I would have it added later, but it's kinda of expensive, but well it's very useful for me.

Thats another big thing, the quieter glass. It would be nice to have a car where I don't see double headlights and tailight out the windshield (replacement was deamed good enough acording to tesla). But also also the wind noise. All the whistling and buffeting noise is so much louder than other cars I owned. I mean it's almost worse than my old truck that needed a window seal replaced.

I like the greater range and the chrome delete, though I would change the handles to white.

Don't need heat pump in Sunny SoCal, even in the winter.

I am leaving my trunk stock and I like it just fine. I'll be installing a power Frunk (or having it installed). Tesla should have installed a power Frunk and left the trunk as manual-operation.

I'm just fine with the center console how it is.

I have a rare P3D-, so I'm not sure I could pull that trick off twice with the 2021 model. :D

I'm keeping my baby!

Reactions: SlimJim
No way, please don't do that! :)
It depend of your usage, but I would take a LR AWD over a SR just because I will not hesitate
taking my car for a weekend trip especially when living in a Northern state in winter.

Your passengers will be the first to appreciate skipping and wasting time at a Super Charger.

And when driving on mountain roads with passengers,
getting an AWD with about 400 HP versus a RWD with 200 HP is a no brainer.

If you only use your car for a daily commute and very rare weekend trips,
just keep your car until it dies, and buy some TSLA stock instead.

But 55k miles in two years is a lot a driving, so this is not just a daily driving...

I suspect that very soon the LR and SR will be as follow:

- the Model S/X will have a 130 kW and a 100 kW battery.
- the Model 3/Y will have a 100 kW and a 75 kW battery.
- and there will be a compact Model 2/Z with 50 kW battery.​

My plan is to get a model Y 7 seater down the road. It seems a 2020 model 3 would hold value much better than my current 2018 which could have 60-70k miles by that time. There is no plan to take longer trip due to the pandemic and with the increased range on the SR+ it makes me consider doing it.

I love my car but I will say I would like the power lift gate and it really should have been there all along. Not that I can’t open or close the trunk myself but I use my trunk a lot plus the power option is just much more premium in feel especially for the price point.

Reactions: zhu-
...really nothing earth-shattering IMO. Perhaps the heat pump would be nice if you live in a colder climate, but that’s about it.

Agree — I like the heat pump and the power trunk (ok—and the laminated glass if truly helpful in controlling noise) but I wouldn’t trade my beloved Stealth for it. Still, glad Tesla continues to innovate and attract new/upgrading customers. Kudos!

Oh yea I guess I would have it added later, but it's kinda of expensive, but well it's very useful for me.

Thats another big thing, the quieter glass. It would be nice to have a car where I don't see double headlights and tailight out the windshield (replacement was deamed good enough acording to tesla). But also also the wind noise. All the whistling and buffeting noise is so much louder than other cars I owned. I mean it's almost worse than my old truck that needed a window seal replaced.

The Model 3 page doesn’t even mention homelink anymore and maybe it hasn’t for a while? Just curious but can you still add it later for cars delivered recently?

Wasn't the MSRP around $55k-$58k? Sounds like a solid deal.

I bought the car 66k including destination and an optional color. I got back 5K from Tesla in exchange of free supercharging and 7.5k from the federal tax incentive. I bought EAP and FSD for 4K using two credit cards with a 500 sign up bonus lol. So $57,500-45,500= $12,000 and if I get a new Model 3 Performance +10k and FSD +8k so a total of 30k in the drain :eek:.

I bought the car 66k including destination and an optional color. I got back 5K from Tesla in exchange of free supercharging and 7.5k from the federal tax incentive. I bought EAP and FSD for 4K using two credit cards with a 500 sign up bonus lol. So $57,500-45,500= $12,000 and if I get a new Model 3 Performance +10k and FSD +8k so a total of 30k in the drain :eek:.
So is black trim, a heat pump and a power trunk worth 30k? Me thinks not... You already have a great car; drive it and enjoy it.