Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want to color the screen backing from silver to black. What is the best way to do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done this before? I cannot find anyone who has, but search for this leads to a lot of irrelevant results.

I don't like the silver backing for the screen. My plan is to spray paint it satin black if anyone has any recommendation or How to guides. I left the plastic on the screen for this purpose and I have done many trial runs on similar plastic.

Be careful, I feel the screen radiating heat on hot days even with the AC blasting. Otherwise I would try Plastidip and remove every trace in case the screen malfunctions or we hear on the news another Tesla fire.
I read somewhere that the screen is rated to very high temperatures, unfortunately I forget what but its in the high 100s. Was definitely a concern.

Plasti-dip is an option.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, they do sell display back overlays at some stores. Most are carbon fiber from what I've seen but from any distance it'll look just black.

RPM

Teslarati

Upvote 0