Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Want To Hire Someone to De-Noise my Model S Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see. Yes, "pros and cons."

Too bad the MBZ places the future of life on our only planet at risk, or did you not know this? Or do you wish to live in a state of willful ignorance and just pretend to not know this? (Tip: Either answer is shameful.)

Climate of Doubt

CO2 level highest in human history - USA TODAY, 5/14/2019

Key quotes, truncated, as some have made up their minds and prefer to not be bothered with any facts:

“We don’t know a planet like this,” Eric Holthaus, a meteorologist and writer at Grist, an online environmental magazine, posted on Twitter.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations have skyrocketed far higher than any levels in more than 800,000 years, according to data from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California-San Diego.

“This is the first time in human history our planet’s atmosphere has had more than 415 ppm CO2,” Holthaus tweeted. “Not just in recorded history, not just since the invention of agriculture 10,000 years ago. Since before modern humans existed millions of years ago.”

Carbon dioxide levels millions of years ago were higher than 2019 levels, but Earth’s temperatures also were far higher. In the 800,000 years before the Industrial Revolution, CO2 levels didn’t surpass 300 parts per million.
Mercedes just went on record stating they are ending all production of ICE models:
https://electrek.co/2019/09/19/daim...combustion-engines-to-focus-on-electric-cars/

Too bad the MBZ places the future of life on our only planet at risk, or did you not know this? Or do you wish to live in a state of willful ignorance and just pretend to not know this? (Tip: Either answer is shameful.)

Climate of Doubt

Key quotes, truncated, as some have made up their minds and prefer to not be bothered with any facts:

“We don’t know a planet like this,” Eric Holthaus, a meteorologist and writer at Grist, an online environmental magazine, posted on Twitter.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations have skyrocketed far higher than any levels in more than 800,000 years, according to data from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California-San Diego.

“This is the first time in human history our planet’s atmosphere has had more than 415 ppm CO2,” Holthaus tweeted. “Not just in recorded history, not just since the invention of agriculture 10,000 years ago. Since before modern humans existed millions of years ago.”

Carbon dioxide levels millions of years ago were higher than 2019 levels, but Earth’s temperatures also were far higher. In the 800,000 years before the Industrial Revolution, CO2 levels didn’t surpass 300 parts per million.

It's shameful that I also drive ICE cars alongside my Tesla?

I call this the "Lexus Effect", when I owned one the Lexus forum board was littered with posts just like this simply because Lexus builds such quiet and well-built cars, so obviously everyone expected nothing less than sheer silence which makes sense. people would literally bring their cars in for things that would require absolute silence to detect! What's alarming about your post is that it almost seems like Tesla has gone backwards somewhat in build quality, probably because most of their time and resources has been focused on the Model 3 deliveries, which must be very frustrating as an S owner!

Yes, Tesla has definitely gone backward with their build quality — especially with the Model S. And, to make it even more unfortunate, they have reworded their warranty so that they are not responsible to fix any rattles, noises, creaks, vibrations etc. The only reason I bought the 2019 Raven Model S is because Tesla repurchased my 2018 Model S due to nonstop suspension rattles and rumbles. I assumed that the new Raven Model S, with it’s supposedly new suspension, would no longer have the same suspension rattles and rumbles, but it does. And the interior cabin of the car is a cacophony of continual creaks, squeaks and rattles.

Climate of Doubt

MB is putting our planet at-risk? Ever hear of a place called China? How about India? How about the factories Musk is constructing to make....lithium batteries? Looks like you'll be giving up that Tesla pronto, along with your iPhone, A/C and whatever it is you pilot, since it is actually YOU who puts our planet at-risk.....

Reactions: mkspeedr and Sherlo
MB is putting our planet at-risk? Ever hear of a place called China? How about India? How about the factories Musk is constructing to make....lithium batteries? Looks like you'll be giving up that Tesla pronto, along with your iPhone, A/C and whatever it is you pilot, since it is actually YOU who puts our planet at-risk.....

No, we're talking about the the person trying to claim that the MBZ is just a choice, like blue vs. white vs. MC red . . . when the reality is that the MBZ dumps copious amounts of GHG's every time someone buys one and starts the engine, while a Tesla is very clean from Day 1, and only gets cleaner over time.

As for us, we've had SolarCity/Tesla Energy solar panels since 2013, and the token amount of other power we use from the grid is 100% Renewable source. We drive on sunlight; it doesn't get much cleaner than that.

So, yes, those that buy MBZ products hasten the demise of only planet. Sorry if the facts are uncomfortable, but Big Boys and Girls live in reality, not in the world of make-believe.

• Disagree
Reactions: hydro
Well, yes.

Or do you too like to believe in make-believe?

Sorry if the facts bother you, but that's life. I'd encourage you to get smart, and fast--we have but one planet:

Twelve years to save Earth? Make that 18 months...

Climate of Doubt

We have too many ignorants and intellectually challenged among us already; please don't add to their numbers.

Thank you.

I wish I had willingness to debate with you, but I will say at least something: Tesla most certainly won’t be the one to save the planet with the way they are behaving. A company run by borderline unstable people, employing completely clueless individuals and with management that can’t figure out what they want from their customers/products/service centers is not who I want to be saving the planet.

Plus, you are not driving all clean. Those parts for your Tesla came from somewhere and they came to your vehicle from very likely very dirty production lines. Tires? Wheels? Battery??? Aluminum body????? The road you’re destroying with this massively heavy car more than with an average ICE also needs to be repaired somehow, and I doubt it’s all done cleanly.

it’s definitely cleaner than an ICE and way better for air quality in cities, but living in an illusion won’t help us actually do what matters for the planet. I sold my Model S and will not be driving electric until some company offers a good electric car (a car that doesn’t fall apart and randomly die because of idiotic production mistakes. This would actually be fine if the service centers were of any use and could fix anything. ). Fwiw, Taycan seems like something, but it’s out of my budget unfortunately.

Last edited:
I wish I had willingness to debate with you, but I will say at least something: Tesla most certainly won’t be the one to save the planet with the way they are behaving. A company run by borderline unstable people, employing completely clueless individuals and with management that can’t figure out what they want from their customers/products/service centers is not who I want to be saving the planet.

Plus, you are not driving all clean. Those parts for your Tesla came from somewhere and they came to your vehicle from very likely very dirty production lines. Tires? Wheels? Battery??? Aluminum body????? The road you’re destroying with this massively heavy car more than with an average ICE also needs to be repaired somehow, and I doubt it’s all done cleanly.

it’s definitely cleaner than an ICE and way better for air quality in cities, but living in an illusion won’t help us actually do what matters for the planet. I sold my Model S and will not be driving electric until some company offers a good electric car (a car that doesn’t fall apart and randomly die because of idiotic production mistakes. This would actually be fine if the service centers were of any use and could fix anything. ). Fwiw, Taycan seems like something, but it’s out of my budget unfortunately.

Well, in a free market you CAN indeed purchase a slower, smaller, EV with far less range, for about twice the money, and for which all sales help subsidize the sales of some of the most polluting vehicles on the planet--have at it.

Your the person that has to look at evil in the mirror every day, but surely you'll come up with some excuse to validate such remarkably poor choices.

It is interesting that your experience (assuming you have actually owned a Tesla, for real?) is in such stark contrast to the many hundreds of thousands of other Tesla owners' experiences, to include us who have owned some seven Model S's so far, some used, most new:

Tesla Model 3 = Most Loved Car In USA — New Consumer Reports Owner Survey | CleanTechnica

And, prior to the Model 3, the Model S held the top ranking . . . .

Yes, Tesla has definitely gone backward with their build quality — especially with the Model S. And, to make it even more unfortunate, they have reworded their warranty so that they are not responsible to fix any rattles, noises, creaks, vibrations etc. The only reason I bought the 2019 Raven Model S is because Tesla repurchased my 2018 Model S due to nonstop suspension rattles and rumbles. I assumed that the new Raven Model S, with it’s supposedly new suspension, would no longer have the same suspension rattles and rumbles, but it does. And the interior cabin of the car is a cacophony of continual creaks, squeaks and rattles.

With your 2019 Raven, Give your car a few months to "settle down."

I know this sounds crazy, but half the annoying noises in my car went away after a few months of driving.

The other two rattles, I was able to get the Service Center to fix. There was some initial push back about fixing rattles but I was able to get them to fix both rattles. Though it is convenient for some people to dismiss issues affecting OTHER people, it is not reasonable to expect a car in this price range, especially when "new" to have excessive rattles. Different people have different sensitivities to rattles and for me rattles are a major issue, especially the high frequency ones.

My biggest advice for anyone having rattles is to ALWAYS make sure that you do a "drive along" with a service center technician and make sure the person fixing the rattles "hears" what you hear or otherwise they will not know what exactly to fix.

With your 2019 Raven, Give your car a few months to "settle down."

I know this sounds crazy, but half the annoying noises in my car went away after a few months of driving.

The other two rattles, I was able to get the Service Center to fix. There was some initial push back about fixing rattles but I was able to get them to fix both rattles. Though it is convenient for some people to dismiss issues affecting OTHER people, it is not reasonable to expect a car in this price range, especially when "new" to have excessive rattles. Different people have different sensitivities to rattles and for me rattles are a major issue, especially the high frequency ones.

My biggest advice for anyone having rattles is to ALWAYS make sure that you do a "drive along" with a service center technician and make sure the person fixing the rattles "hears" what you hear or otherwise they will not know what exactly to fix.

You’re mostly right, but you know, it also depends. I did probably 10 test drives this year with different service center folks (twice with the foreman of my local SC, super cool and nice man, probably the only competent person in my local SC, but probably also way too busy to have time to fix rattles on my car) and what I got in the end was nothing. Absolutely nothing. It took them 5 tries across 3 weeks to fix clunking coming from the frunk. It got to absurd levels. Every other rattle I reported (there were 7) was never fixed, even after they clearly reproduced all of them. I simply had no intention to keep spending money on pointless things.

I guess I am just too evil to put up with garbage. Good luck to the new owner.

You’re mostly right, but you know, it also depends. I did probably 10 test drives this year with different service center folks (twice with the foreman of my local SC, super cool and nice man, probably the only competent person in my local SC, but probably also way too busy to have time to fix rattles on my car) and what I got in the end was nothing. Absolutely nothing. It took them 5 tries across 3 weeks to fix clunking coming from the frunk. It got to absurd levels. Every other rattle I reported (there were 7) was never fixed, even after they clearly reproduced all of them. I simply had no intention to keep spending money on pointless things.

Sorry that you had this experience :(

Like I said earlier different people have different noise tolerances. So something that's not a big deal to someone could well be a huge deal for someone else. All I can tell you is squeaks and rattles are a good indicator of build quality. Drive an S class and you will hear how well built that car is from the absence of any squeaks or rattles. Too bad Mercedes has yet to build an S Class EV, as that would be a phenomenal car.

Well, they should fix your rattles.

At least your priorities are spot on: usable planet v. car without rattles? Go with "car without rattles" of course . . .

Well, in a free market you CAN indeed purchase a slower, smaller, EV with far less range, for about twice the money, and for which all sales help subsidize the sales of some of the most polluting vehicles on the planet--have at it.

Your the person that has to look at evil in the mirror every day, but surely you'll come up with some excuse to validate such remarkably poor choices.

It is interesting that your experience (assuming you have actually owned a Tesla, for real?) is in such stark contrast to the many hundreds of thousands of other Tesla owners' experiences, to include us who have owned some seven Model S's so far, some used, most new:

Tesla Model 3 = Most Loved Car In USA — New Consumer Reports Owner Survey | CleanTechnica

And, prior to the Model 3, the Model S held the top ranking . . . .

Regardless of the number of Tesla vehicles you've owned, you have done nothing to save the planet, since the amount of energy expended and carbon exhausted to make and support those vehicles far outspends any carbon savings you tally riding around on carbon-addled lithium batteries. If you really want to save the planet, you and the entire Asian continent have to do it with the wallet and refuse to purchase anything made with the consumption of oil, solar and wind. Good luck, because not you nor anyone is giving their phones, computers, A/C, heat nor roads, just to name a few. Without Asia on board, you might as well canvas your community for litter if you want a clean world. Until you find a substitute for grease, microprocessors and the industries that use these, carbon is here to stay. That is the real reality. Hey, Obama just bought @$50 million ocean front property. That seems like lot of money to sink into a submarine habitat in 30 years. What does he know about rising oceans that you don't? Besides, the Vostok core data contradicts the accepted religion.

Reactions: darxsys
If you find a SC that will actually do the work to remove the noises and rattles, can you please let me know?

I just had this done at the San Antonio service center and they effectively stopped all noises and rattles in the car.

Now the only remaining noise is from my 3 year olds car seat.

I bought it used from Tesla back in August and they did all the work under warranty.

I just had this done at the San Antonio service center and they effectively stopped all noises and rattles in the car.

Now the only remaining noise is from my 3 year olds car seat.

I bought it used from Tesla back in August and they did all the work under warranty.

I wish the California service centers were as caring as yours was in Texas! For the life of me, I can’t understand why Tesla would not want to fix noises and rattles. The more that their Model S cars sound as rattley as a Model T, the less likely people will buy them.