Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want to purchase 2017 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to purchase an early 2017 model S, black/gray ext, black interior, with unlimited charging. I sold mine and now regret it and want to find another one.
If anyone is interested let me know. I would like a P100D, with full self driving capability, 72amp charger upgrade, smart air suspension, primium interior package and ultra high fidelity sound.
Please let me know if you have something close to sell.
Thanks.

I thought only 2016 Model S/X had transferable free supercharging and all 2017 had only first owner free supercharging.

Either way when you find one get the owner to dump the option codes to verify supercharging parameters (i.e first owner or transferable).
A late 2016 P100D to very early 2017 P100D (ordered by 1/15/17) would have transferrable FUSC, but as @Ostrichsak mentions, finding a car that meets all the OP's requirements is going to be nearly impossible.

No non-performance 100 kWh cars have transferrable FUSC but there were some 90 kWh cars ordered early in 2017 that would have it.

Reactions: brkaus
A late 2016 P100D to very early 2017 P100D (ordered by 1/15/17) would have transferrable FUSC, but as @Ostrichsak mentions, finding a car that meets all the OP's requirements is going to be nearly impossible.

No non-performance 100 kWh cars have transferrable FUSC but there were some 90 kWh cars ordered early in 2017 that would have it.

All true, but it's also important to note hat you need to purchase from a private party (actual owner), and not a dealer as if the Model S was in the possession of Tesla at any point, they removed SC1 option code and replaced it with SC4.

Best thing to do is:
(1) Purchase from a private owner (not a used car dealer, or from Tesla).
(2) Have the owner dump their option codes, and confirm that it is indeed SC1 (definitions below for the ones that I think are reverent for a Model S from 2016/2017)
(3) Confirm via CarFax that it has never been sold to a dealer or Tesla or a lease return.

• SC01: The car has unlimited free supercharging enabled and this is transferable to the next owner via a private sale. This can only occur on cars registered before April 2017 but not all cars will have it.
  • SC04: The car has supercharging enabled but you pay for each charge. Any referral miles will give you a credit towards the supercharging cost.
  • SC05: The car has unlimited free supercharging currently enabled but this is not transferable to the next owner and the car will revert to SC04 following a sale. This can be on any car but is most common on cars from April 2017 and still registered to the first owner.

I have a 2017 Model S P100D with SC05 (purchased new Sept 2017). Wife has a 2016 Model X 90D with SC01 (purchased December 2016).

I've received offers for her Model X because it has SC01/FSD/MCU2/6-seater/Tow, but not interested in selling at this time.
No interest in selling my Model S P100D because of it's SC05, in addition to FSD/MCU2/Pano Roof/Black Arachnids/etc.... and it's sort of well known in the Bay Area because of it's wrap, it's custom place, and Elon's signature on it.

Reactions: oktane
how do you check the option codes on your car?

go to Tesla.com and go into your account. Click on your car. When on the screen that has the blue "Buy Upgrades" button, right click on the image of your car, and tell it to open in a new browser window (ie, Safari window). Then look at the URL on that new window. You'll see the option codes.

My Model S P100D has the following option code. The SC option code is near the end. You'll see mine is showing SC05.

options=BP01,HC00,ADPX2,GLFR,AU01,APF2,APH4,APPF,X028,BTX6,PX6D,BS00,BC0R,CH04,CW02,COUS,X040,IDCF,X027,DRLH,DU01,AF02,FMP6,FG02,DCF0,FR04,TD00,X007,X011,INBPP,PI01,IX00,X001,LP01,LT5P,MI01,X037,MDLS,DV4W,X024,X003,ZCST,PPSW,PS01,PK00,X031,PX00,PF01,X044,TM00,BR00,RENA,RFP2,USSB,X013,S32P,ME02,QTPP,SR07,SP00,X019,SC05,SU01,TR00,TIM3,DSH5,MT10L,UTAB,WTDS,WR00,YFCC,CPF1

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie and uspearls
I have all you mention EXCEPT the 'P' (but do have red brakes). also have PPF and 7yr ceramic coat (OptiCoat), and a Reus sound system, a nearly flawless exterior (no micro scratches, garaged, pampered, the works).
And after looking at Plaid, I know why you want the 2017.. I'm holding onto this baby as long as it will drive! Very unhappy with what they are dong to save costs (moving towards the spartan Model 3 type interior). I hate it! Call me old school, but I want a dash with controls to look at! It is supposed to be a luxury car, act like one! Love my 2017 S!!

I have all you mention EXCEPT the 'P' (but do have red brakes). also have PPF and 7yr ceramic coat (OptiCoat), and a Reus sound system, a nearly flawless exterior (no micro scratches, garaged, pampered, the works).
And after looking at Plaid, I know why you want the 2017.. I'm holding onto this baby as long as it will drive! Very unhappy with what they are dong to save costs (moving towards the spartan Model 3 type interior). I hate it! Call me old school, but I want a dash with controls to look at! It is supposed to be a luxury car, act like one! Love my 2017 S!!

I'm like you in keeping my P100D, but on the other hand, the Plaid is amazing. The Yolk is amazing (yes I've driven one), and the minimalist approach (in between a 3/Y and the older S) is also amazing. We still have an IC in addition to a landscape MCU, and the new UI is pretty cool (albeit, it's still in early beta, missing a few things here and there, but like the 3/Y we'll see updated to make it near perfect between now and when it goes live for the entire fleet).

I'm confused by your luxury car comment. I don't think Plaid or even the Long Range Model S/X is about luxury. It's about performance first and foremost. It's not in a hypercar price range with exquisite leather or high end stainless steel on the interiors (ie. Pagani, Bugatti, The Egg, etc...). It's designed as a regular family car to be used like a family car, but it has some serious performance numbers to it. That's just my opinion and that's how I treat my P100D.

My Model S has gone through a paint correction, ceramic coated, and then finally wrapped, but it's still my daily driver for my family. I feel it fits as a family daily driver and gets abused as one as well.

Reactions: Darmie
go to Tesla.com and go into your account. Click on your car. When on the screen that has the blue "Buy Upgrades" button, right click on the image of your car, and tell it to open in a new browser window (ie, Safari window). Then look at the URL on that new window. You'll see the option codes.

My Model S P100D has the following option code. The SC option code is near the end. You'll see mine is showing SC05.

options=BP01,HC00,ADPX2,GLFR,AU01,APF2,APH4,APPF,X028,BTX6,PX6D,BS00,BC0R,CH04,CW02,COUS,X040,IDCF,X027,DRLH,DU01,AF02,FMP6,FG02,DCF0,FR04,TD00,X007,X011,INBPP,PI01,IX00,X001,LP01,LT5P,MI01,X037,MDLS,DV4W,X024,X003,ZCST,PPSW,PS01,PK00,X031,PX00,PF01,X044,TM00,BR00,RENA,RFP2,USSB,X013,S32P,ME02,QTPP,SR07,SP00,X019,SC05,SU01,TR00,TIM3,DSH5,MT10L,UTAB,WTDS,WR00,YFCC,CPF1
Thats the advice here and sticking the string into this page also decodes all the options (it looks like it's where you've cut and pasted the other info from too which gives more background)

Reactions: Darmie
The list of options is the options your car was built with.
If you had upgrades after the car was built (e.g. MCU2, 21" Arachnids, 4G/LTE, center console installation, Ludicrous upgrade on a P85D, etc.) then your options may not match exactly what is on your car.
My car still shows SC01, but if I traded it in (via Tesla) I'm pretty damn sure the next owner won't have FUSC.

Last edited:
@jcam I have what you are looking for except it is a 90D, not a P or 100. Grey exterior, Black interior, FUSC and MCU2 upgrade. Ordered December 2016, delivered March 2017 and has the fully transferable FUSC. Also has the extended warranty that was available back in 2017 covering the car for 8 years. I'd be open to a private sale but it may be you are really focused on the "P" in which case I don't qualify. If interested, drop me a private message.

The list of options is the options your car was built with.
If you had upgrades after the car was built (e.g. MCU2, 21" Arachnids, 4G/LTE, center console installation, Ludicrous upgrade on a P85D, etc.) then your options may not match exactly what is on your car.
My car still shows SC01, but if I traded it in (via Tesla) I'm pretty damn sure the next owner won't have FUSC.

Very few of the option codes are changed in the system if you do "official" upgrades through Tesla.

For example, my Model S came with AP2.5, however once I did the FSD Computer upgrade, the updated the option code to APH4.
The option code for my rims were never changed from the 19" Slipstream to the 21" Black "Referral" Arachnids even though I picked them up and had Tesla SC install them "officially".
Even though I had the "security system" installed (2012-2020 | Model S Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade), the option code still says No Security, but I know the feature works as the motion sensor picks up motion in the cabin and set off the alarm/sentry right away.

I had a 75RWD Model S that we sold a year later to purchase the wife's model X. I still miss that car. It was at that price point where Tesla provided most all options at the base price plus being just RWD it was $6,000 cheaper than the rest. Best of luck in your search. There's great info here on this thread that will ensure you get the options you are looking for. Not sure how much luck you will have locating free supercharging.

I've got mine up for sale on here if you want to check it out. It checks all your boxes except it's all white.