Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want to watch Sentry Videos on Tesla Theater v10

pamoga

Sep 30, 2019
California
Hello,

When I leave the car parked with Sentry mode, come back and there a few events, I would like to be able to watch in the center display the videos to ensure it was just passer by.

As far as I know, this was not possible (but please correct me if I am wrong). Also, it is pretty inconvenient to have to remove the USB and check it at home or even in the phone (unless it was wireless).

I was wondering if now that there is a Tesla theater, we could watch the Sentry videos. I did not see an option for that, but it did say that you can share videos from your phone into the theater, so I am wondering if there would be a way to have some kind of wireless USB that allows you to check the USB contents from your phone without unplugging, and then share on the fly to the main display.

Does anyone have a setup like that?

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Hello,

When I leave the car parked with Sentry mode, come back and there a few events, I would like to be able to watch in the center display the videos to ensure it was just passer by....
Does anyone have a setup like that?
So does everyone else and NO.

I bet we will get full playback on the screen and maybe the app in an update or two or three or......

boiler81

Feb 22, 2016
Manson, WA
Yeah, you have to wonder why Tesla hasn't provided this functionality, in lieu of games, farts, Caraoke, and many other minimally useful features:rolleyes:. How about a blind spot warning, or back-up cross traffic alert:).

Darthbenji

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario
As a workaround I bought a USB to lightning cable to check sentry video quickly in the car with my iPhone. Works pretty well with ios13. You do need a USB hub though.

jkoya

NA2 NSX
Nov 21, 2018
Northern CA
As a workaround I bought a USB to lightning cable to check sentry video quickly in the car with my iPhone. Works pretty well with ios13. You do need a USB hub though.

I'm doing something similar. I'm using a high speed MicroSD card with an adapter that is USB on one side and lightning connector on the other side. Works really well in the meantime....

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC