Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wanted a little more of a "stealth" look

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why staggered rims? Performance or is that a look thing again?

And how'd you get the Tesla "T" on the center? Is that a patch from the OEM rims or a sticker or something else?

I like the rim design too; got a chrome version of the same design for the 19" winter wheels on ours.

Why staggered rims? Performance or is that a look thing again?

And how'd you get the Tesla "T" on the center? Is that a patch from the OEM rims or a sticker or something else?
for me it's mostly a "look thing" ... those are 285/35-20s in the back, and that little bit of extra width gives it a stance I prefer ... the Performance Plus option adds staggered wheels, so I assume there's some performance benefit, too, but that comes with 21" wheels and I was spooked by the comments I've read about those rims getting bent, especially since I do most of my driving on the notoriously bad, potholed streets of Los Angeles

the red "T" is a custom made sticker, although "sticker" is a bit of an understatement ... it's a fairly thick piece of vinyl ... took 2 weeks to arrive after I ordered them, because they came from the Ukraine ... their country may be falling apart, but they're still making frivolous items for export ... see: Online shop 3D wheel center caps

- - - Updated - - -

I also would like to know how you got the red T and the red Tesla letters in the back.
the red "T" is wrapped, same technique as the rest of the car ... the letters I ordered from this thread: Center Cap Tesla T - Page 15

Last edited:
Personally, I like the red Tesla logo on the back, but I would have wrapped the front T logo in matte black. For me, the red reflectors in the back make the red T look in place.
the car came with the red brake calipers, so I wanted to add a few more touches of red to pick that up ... the rear was a no-brainer, but I struggled with how to do the front, which is my least-favorite design aspect of the car to begin with ... and after having decided to go with mostly body-color, it's growing on me ... the carbon fiber trim in the skinny upper portion doesn't really show up that well in the photo, but in person it's kind of the "focal point" of the nose, and the red really "pops" and draws your eye to it and away from the blank lower portion ... also, when somebody looks in their rearview mirror and sees me coming up hard behind them, I want them to know what's about to blow their doors off :smile:

Very nicely done, but I am biased with the matte wrap.

From the video, he said it was the Avery Grey Matte I believe. Was grey your original color and the Avery is clear and goes over any color ? (My wrap was from Suntek and the original color came through.)

What do you think of this nose. Flat black wrap, plus wrapped over the chrome nose trim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 370
BTW, I think you're close to me in Venice from the them pics. I've been looking for a shop near by to wrap my trip black.
I'm in Del Rey Colony, a gated community built around a lagoon, 2 blocks east of the canals ... ducks, koi, and turtles in the lagoon give it the same vibe as the canals, but the guard at the gate keeps all the tourists and homeless riff-raff out

Al & Ed's on Lincoln, just north of Washington, did the wrap ... ask for Shawn, and tell him the "gunmetal Tesla" sent you

Also, what brand / size / offset are the wheels?
TSW Amaroo wheels, wearing Michelin Pilot Super Sports ... 255/40/20X8.5 in front, and 285/35/20X10 in the rear ... fronts are probably too wide, as they rub slightly, but only at a specific angle, and only in reverse ... 245 would be a better choice, but unfortunately Michelin doesn't make the PSS in that size

- - - Updated - - -

Was grey your original color and the Avery is clear and goes over any color?
no, it's not clear ... coincidentally, grey is the original color, but the Avery wrap is the color you see, not the original showing through

What do you think of this nose. Flat black wrap, plus wrapped over the chrome nose trim.
I had a hard time deciding how to do the front, and went back and forth between body color v.s matte black ... ultimately I decided carbon fiber in the upper skinny section would stand out more against the body color than if the lower section was black ... interestingly, I saw a Model X today, and the upper section is carbon fiber, the lower is gloss black, and it's a little hard to see the carbon ... can't really say my way is "better", just "different"

Last edited:
After all you want that red T bright and in their face :)
exactly my thought process ... I'm fully aware that red isn't a "stealth" color, but as I said in an earlier response, when somebody looks in their rearview mirror and sees me coming up hard behind them, I want them to know what's about to blow their doors off ... I want them thinking to themselves, in utter amazement: "that's an ELECTRIC car???"