Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I was happy Tesla owner for only 3 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dream lasted only 3 hours. Ordered 2017 MS after seeing good price and colors we like,PAID deposit AND destination fee.
Credit card was charged MINUTES after placing order (for both,destination and deposit). We were so excited that immediately after started to shop for MS accessories. And after 3 hours we get call from Tesla. Our car (advertised as CLEAN title and NO REPAIRED) had major accident and it has to be noted to buyer they said. They appologize and offered to return my $100 deposit. When i told him that my card was charged for destination too he was surprised but said he will REQUEST refund for that too.
We were so disappointed but there is nothing we can do_Our car was taken off from Tesla listing at that time.
An this morning another shock!
Our car is RELISTED on Tesla site with LOWER price and again with CLEAN title and NO REPAIRS!
Which means someone else is going to order it, PAY deposits and probably receive call from tesla as it was case with us!
What is going on? This is scary, i have read horror stories here about delivery and i still want one (MS) but this is all another level. I just really hope they return my whole deposit soon. Its not like i need that money right away but i dont want to waste my time calling them again just for that.

My dream lasted only 3 hours. Ordered 2017 MS after seeing good price and colors we like,PAID deposit AND destination fee.
Credit card was charged MINUTES after placing order (for both,destination and deposit). We were so excited that immediately after started to shop for MS accessories. And after 3 hours we get call from Tesla. Our car (advertised as CLEAN title and NO REPAIRED) had major accident and it has to be noted to buyer they said. They appologize and offered to return my $100 deposit. When i told him that my card was charged for destination too he was surprised but said he will REQUEST refund for that too.
We were so disappointed but there is nothing we can do_Our car was taken off from Tesla listing at that time.
An this morning another shock!
Our car is RELISTED on Tesla site with LOWER price and again with CLEAN title and NO REPAIRS!
Which means someone else is going to order it, PAY deposits and probably receive call from tesla as it was case with us!
What is going on? This is scary, i have read horror stories here about delivery and i still want one (MS) but this is all another level. I just really hope they return my whole deposit soon. Its not like i need that money right away but i dont want to waste my time calling them again just for that.

Can you share a link to the car with serial number etc. I suspect a disconnect or communication breakdown at Tesla rather than a deliberate deception. It is illegal to not declare an accident over 2000 dollars...at least here.

Keep the faith. You’ll find your car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
i think its $600 lower. Car is cheap now comparing other cars. Im not sure what was wrong with it, they didnt tell me.. You still get warranty 4 years, only thing is i'm not comfortable spending $50k on car i know it was repaired/accident