Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I was offered a damaged Model S without telling me about it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

Last week I was looking for a good deal on an inventory Model 3 AWD and was contacted by a Tesla sales person who then send me a link for a nice midnight silver, silver rims, black & white interior Model 3 from end of 2018 with 6600$ off. It was listed as new and only has 62 miles on it. The only explanation given was that it was a cancelled order. I assumed it was probably used as a showroom car afterwards and the price sounded good for this.

I placed the order since I expected that car to go fast and started filling out all the paperwork, with the delivery expected next week. Yesterday I contacted the store where the car currently is located and they told me that car had damage but couldn’t tell me exactly what was wrong with it. I drove to the store since it’s only 30 minutes away from my place to check it out myself.

I very much had the impression that in the meantime the super nice sales representative had a word with his manager. When I came in, suddenly the story was very different. It had damage but that had been repaired and the price would be a super great deal. I shouldn’t worry too much about it. Everything would be fine. They still couldn’t tell me what the damage was.

If I hadn’t called them, I may or may not have been disclosed on the issue during delivery when asked to sign a damage disclosure. But I can’t help but feel like Tesla is trying to trick me in to buying a car that might have been in a serious accident.

Did something like this happen to someone else?

—Michael
I had a similar situation. I purchased a model S plaid and was told there needed to be a repair with the trunk but it was nothing major. I even asked for assurance there isn't any sort of accident or issues with title or carfax report. Was told "no not at all it's a new car that just needed an adjustment from the factory" Four months later I ran a carfax which shows an accident before I even took delivery. They are trying to claim I signed a damage disclosure so they are covered. Yet no such disclosure can be provided with my signature...

Reactions: morbidz