Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I watched a Starlink train go by last night.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I took my dog outside around 8:40 pm. I noticed what looked like a perfectly spaced and aligned row of airplanes come from the northwest, go directly overhead, and move to the southeast. After the first 8 or so went by I realized it might actually be the Starlink satellites. I stayed outside to watch the full 60 go by, it went on for five to ten minutes. When I got back in the house, I pulled up a satellite tracker and confirmed it was the constellation from the Starlink-2 mission. What a beautiful sight! You could say I had a nerdgasm over it. I could definitely see why astronomers are concerned about them.

I used SpaceX Starlink Satellites Tracker to spot the "Starlink-3" train this evening. Very cool! After spotting the first one (not necessarily the first I SHOULD have seen), I saw maybe 15 of them fly by. They were just a couple seconds in trail, which worked out to a couple handwidths with my arm outstretched. This pass was only 30 minutes after sunset, so the sky wasn't terribly dark and they were pretty dim, so a little difficult to spot.

This sighting was right up there with spotting the ISS fly overhead 15 minutes before the pre-dawn launch of STS-131 back in 2010.