Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

I will buy your Model Y reservation for cash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Not sure if this is frowned upon or not. My apologies if it is. I would like to purchase someone's Model Y reservation.
I am willing to pay up to $2000 cash for your reservation delivering within a month.
Cash will be paid at time of delivery. Was in an accident and my Model Y is just not the same looking for a new one.
My preferred build:
Color: Anything but red.
AWD Long Range,
rims: don't care.
5 seater

Reactions: qdeathstar
I delayed my april order twice ($50900), LRAWD white on white w/ gemini wheels. They want me to schedule delivery this weekend but I can wait until January.. DM me
Being a new member I am not able to DM. Please let me know if things don't work out with OP. I am in Orange County and am intersted. My reservation with Tesla keeps slipping and I need the car sooner. Thank you!

I have an order in from 2/21, so the cost is $48,990 for the 'basic' LR (wht ext, blk int, 5-seater, Gemini) but it has a tow hitch for $1k more. EDD says 9/9 - 9/19, and I expect a late-Sept delivery, but I already picked up my MYP last week.

I haven't thought about selling or transferring my reservation since Tesla makes it nearly impossible to do that, but I have thought about buying it to either resell to a friend at my cost, or to just flip it at Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, or where ever.

I have an order in from 2/21, so the cost is $48,990 for the 'basic' LR (wht ext, blk int, 5-seater, Gemini) but it has a tow hitch for $1k more. EDD says 9/9 - 9/19, and I expect a late-Sept delivery, but I already picked up my MYP last week.

I haven't thought about selling or transferring my reservation since Tesla makes it nearly impossible to do that, but I have thought about buying it to either resell to a friend at my cost, or to just flip it at Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, or where ever.
There’s still a way to change it someone else. They just gotta take delivery under your account (with registration changed to their name or course). After the delivery, you can release the car to their account.

btw- I am interested in taking over your reservation and would be willing to pay a an agreed amount if you are interested.

I am interested, do you still have the reservation?

Hi all! Not sure if this is frowned upon or not. My apologies if it is. I would like to purchase someone's Model Y reservation.
I am willing to pay up to $2000 cash for your reservation delivering within a month.
Cash will be paid at time of delivery. Was in an accident and my Model Y is just not the same looking for a new one.
My preferred build:
AWD Long Range,
5 seater
Have a reservation ready to be delivered Sep 23

Like et me know If you are interested I have this configuration on white with white $53k
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Hi all! Not sure if this is frowned upon or not. My apologies if it is. I would like to purchase someone's Model Y reservation.
    My preferred build:
    AWD Long Range,
    5 seater

I still do not understand why people are so desperate to receive the vehicles as early as possible. Do you guys need the car that urgent?
I know right? And it appears the OP has his damaged vehicle back and operational but is just not satisfied with it. Drive it until your new one comes in.

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, and sure enough I received my VIN on Monday, and delivery is set for 4:30pm this Thursday at the Buena Park DC.

I gave away my reservation to a friend, who's in the process of getting his financing in order (doing the same DCU 'dance' that I did to get the 1.24% rate before tomorrow afternoon). Then after he takes delivery of the car, we'll transfer it from my account over to his.... which we confirmed can be done, and I know somebody else who recently did this with their reservation. I'm also giving him my Tesmanian trunk spoiler & performance pedals since I bought them for this car months ago, before I took delivery of my MYP so I don't need them.

I probably could've "sold" my reservation to somebody who wants to jump the line, but I'd rather help out somebody than take advantage of the situation for a quick buck. Although, paying $54,540 OTD (including CA sales tax & lic/doc fees) for a brand new 'basic spec' Model Y LR with tow package right now and no wait is a helluva deal, especially when you consider the current price of $53,990 without tow, before paying taxes & fees on top of that and waiting 4-5 months.

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, and sure enough I received my VIN on Monday, and delivery is set for 4:30pm this Thursday at the Buena Park DC.

I gave away my reservation to a friend, who's in the process of getting his financing in order (doing the same DCU 'dance' that I did to get the 1.24% rate before tomorrow afternoon). Then after he takes delivery of the car, we'll transfer it from my account over to his.... which we confirmed can be done, and I know somebody else who recently did this with their reservation. I'm also giving him my Tesmanian trunk spoiler & performance pedals since I bought them for this car months ago, before I took delivery of my MYP so I don't need them.

I probably could've "sold" my reservation to somebody who wants to jump the line, but I'd rather help out somebody than take advantage of the situation for a quick buck. Although, paying $54,540 OTD (including CA sales tax & lic/doc fees) for a brand new 'basic spec' Model Y LR with tow package right now and no wait is a helluva deal, especially when you consider the current price of $53,990 without tow, before paying taxes & fees on top of that and waiting 4-5 months.
Did he end up taking delivery of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.