Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wish Buccee's would get some superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I love stopping at their locations and it just seems like an oversight that they don't have EV chargers of any kind setup. Maybe it's just a matter of time. I hope Tesla works out a deal with them at some point, because their locations are exactly what is desired at a supercharger stop.

I don't know. I love Buc-ee's, but their model is to get you in and get you out fast. Note there are no tables to sit and eat--that is because they don't want you too. Walking around for 20 minutes is fine, but I prefer not to eat in my car. Also, most locations don't have any place to walk to that you could sit down for a meal if you wanted to.

Reactions: brkaus
If you go way back in the archives, you'll find we were convinced the Bus-ees in Stephenville would be the location for the DFW / Houston Supercharger. Of course, Tesla surprised us by putting in two Superchargers instead of the one we expected.

Buc-ee's doesn't have tables, but it's because you aren't spending money when you're sitting down, not because they want you to leave. If you're standing, then you're probably walking around and looking around and buying a whole bunch of stuff.

Superchargers would be great, though. They are popping up all over the place and have plenty of room. It's easy to knock out 20-30 minutes in there without even realizing what's happening (especially if you need to walk a quarter mile from your car to the front door).

Buc-ee's doesn't have tables, but it's because you aren't spending money when you're sitting down, not because they want you to leave. If you're standing, then you're probably walking around and looking around and buying a whole bunch of stuff.

Superchargers would be great, though. They are popping up all over the place and have plenty of room. It's easy to knock out 20-30 minutes in there without even realizing what's happening (especially if you need to walk a quarter mile from your car to the front door).

And no staffing required to clear & clean tables.

We spend 30 min there and that's us trying to be quick

I would prefer it as well... and it's a known Bucees model. They give their gas away at cost to get you to stop and shop there. When they built the Bucess in Baytown they adamant about that fact. So a Supercharger would seem like a perfect fit.