Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wish Tesla Waze was the default map in the car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No speed cameras in NY. Maybe all of NY but I'm sure that will change. :mad: Surprised considering NY has become such a nanny state
Maybe they are negotiating with car makers for revenue sharing for issuing automatic tickets - every time you speed, your car tickets you, car maker gets a share. Lucky Teslas are not that common so it's not worth it yet, or this would be something Elon might consider to relieve some of the cash crunch. ;)

Reactions: Chopr147
Maybe they are negotiating with car makers for revenue sharing for issuing automatic tickets - every time you speed, your car tickets you, car maker gets a share. Lucky Teslas are not that common so it's not worth it yet, or this would be something Elon might consider to relieve some of the cash crunch. ;)

Yikes WhiteX, what has Tesla done to you that you are so jaded?!

I know Tesla has some customer and service issues to resolve but they are certainly not all bad -- I'd say they are more good than bad and hopefully as they enter a better financial position, they will work on some of the areas that need improvement.

Who knows, maybe one day you will get a software update and you will find Waze functionality in the car. What other carmaker can deliver that?

For the last 25 years I have been using PC's and Mac for more serious things, without Facebook & Twitter. The amount of time I have spent rebooting and backing up my data, was learned the hard way, namely through the loss of data. I'm very much concerned that Tesla is going to have similar growing pains. The main problem I see, Tesla wants will be responsible for the entire process, leaving the Customer in the dark. Hence the P for personal will no longer be in control of the customer.

I would like to see Tesla develop an API, where customers with C# or Python could develop add-ons, much like the Google play store offers for its Android OS customers. That would move development along swiftly. Quit Playing Arcade games....Elon!

Though I agree, I don't think this is a good idea. Security is then left to the app builder. Having a 4 ton vehicle become compromised while doing 80mph b/c of the integration of third party apps leaves all party involved opened to liability. It also increases the surface area for attack.

I can’t tell you hours much of a deal breaker this is for me. I hired a Tesla model 3 for a week to test drive it. Love everything, except the lack of Waze. In London, UK, waze gives journey times about 25% quick journeys than Google maps. We have constantly changing closed roads, loads on local traffic that chants day to day. Waze makes it all easy. Today in my rental, with premium data traffic on Google maps, Google suggested one road that was no entry & suggested another road that was at a standstill with traffic. Waze (open on my phone) knew both problems. I’m not buying a new car and then using my phone as satnav.

I can’t tell you hours much of a deal breaker this is for me. I hired a Tesla model 3 for a week to test drive it. Love everything, except the lack of Waze. In London, UK, waze gives journey times about 25% quick journeys than Google maps. We have constantly changing closed roads, loads on local traffic that chants day to day. Waze makes it all easy. Today in my rental, with premium data traffic on Google maps, Google suggested one road that was no entry & suggested another road that was at a standstill with traffic. Waze (open on my phone) knew both problems. I’m not buying a new car and then using my phone as satnav.
Traffic that *changes day to day