Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wish the headrests were adjustable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The video linked a few posts up clearly shows how to get them off but there are 2 tricks. First, note that both clips are on the left sides, not left/right as you might expect. Second, it's *much* easier to do this if you jam something in the first clip to hold it open while you release the second. Jewelers' screwdriver, chopstick, whatever.

I tried reversing the headrest in my Model 3, but it felt super unsafe because of how far back it was. I tried all sorts of pillows and cushions and eventually found a solution that works for me. I took a 12x12 inch piece of 1/2 inch thick memory foam and added it inside the seat. Picture is below.

This does two things, it makes the upper back portion of the seat slightly less concave, and it pushes your upper back slightly forward away from the headrest.

I'm still not crazy about the comfort of the seat, but it's comfortable enough. This is the only solution I've found that allows me to drive without thinking about seat comfort.

PXL_20240218_203612584.jpg