Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wish the Model 3 had the new Model S steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bad! My brain screwed up! I got the wrong terminology. In the military, the clock goes to 13 hundred hours for 1PM, then after that, 14 hundred hours for 2PM. Somehow I messed up and thought about 13 hundred hours (when I have never in the military) instead of just a plain number 1 for 1AM and 1PM...
In fairness, thinking that the 13th hour of the 24 hour day is 1300 is not a mistake.

My bad! My brain screwed up! I got the wrong terminology. In the military, the clock goes to 13 hundred hours for 1PM, then after that, 14 hundred hours for 2PM. Somehow I messed up and thought about 13 hundred hours (when I have never in the military) instead of just a plain number 1 for 1AM and 1PM...

in real life the clock also has 24 hours... coz you know... the day has 24h. even if for an american it only has 12 lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Iain
For information : 25% discount on Hansshow stterings wheels (and others products) with the discount code "blogteslafr" from 3 to 10th July (and 15% after).

Code-reduction-Hasshow-Tesla.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Dolemite
Yup, VQcarbon, here is the link
Seller stated this was the 1st Tesla one they've done but it looks amazing, quality materials and stitching... don't notice any visible flaws. Here is a closer picture during the day to give you a better idea.

They did increase the price a little since I bought but it's still well priced with the competition.

Attachments​

• 20210311_164002.jpg
    20210311_164002.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 19
Cool.... and if they make it with removable pop off black area you could have a choice.
(I know... bad yoke!!)

I love the Model S as a whole, but I'm not a fan of the steering wheel at all. It looks aftermarket weird to me. The steering wheel on my new M3P is fantastic and fits the car perfectly.
The yoke steering wheels were never meant to cause a user to go arm over arm. Until Tesla reduces the steering ratio enough to support that, the yoke will suck.

They sell aftermarket yoke steering wheels but I don’t know if warranty would be voided by changing over from the original one. You can get them from Hansshow (famous for the frunk lifter and steering wheel screen) or Ali Express. I thought t might be an idea for people getting the Steering Wheel CarPlay Screen from Hansshow to give a clearer view of the screen. Any opinions (other than the usual ergonometric complaints).

The yoke steering wheels were never meant to cause a user to go arm over arm. Until Tesla reduces the steering ratio enough to support that, the yoke will suck.
in panic situation, having less than a full turn in wheel rotation seems like a user interface ROOKIE mistake.

and controls on the wheel ONLY? wheel controls are secondary. NEVER primary. and if a primary and so-called secondary are both tactile-less touch controls, its worse than stupid. its dangerous and I'm really surprised it went as far as production and was not voted down by more reasonable minds at tesla.

bold move, cotton. bold move.

They sell aftermarket yoke steering wheels but I don’t know if warranty would be voided by changing over from the original one. You can get them from Hansshow (famous for the frunk lifter and steering wheel screen) or Ali Express. I thought t might be an idea for people getting the Steering Wheel CarPlay Screen from Hansshow to give a clearer view of the screen. Any opinions (other than the usual ergonometric complaints).
If Hansshow's yoke works anything like their screen I would not trust it, especially for something that's so important for your safety.

So the Model S refresh is getting the steering wheel yoke. There is also no stalk. You can control turning signal, lights, AP etc from the yoke.

I wish the Model 3 had this!
Well the opinions are like the behinds - everybody has one.
To me this is the most ridiculous statement.
If you want to make sure I never again buy this car - put a yoke in it, sure.