Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wish the Tesla app could ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 doesn’t lock until I’m about 100ft away. Briefly turned on horn verification to test. In a crowded lot, where I could lose sight of the car while walking away, I manually lock the car from the app. 10 feet would be much better.
my Y locks closer than that. Maybe 15-20 feet. Yesterday I put my phone on the trash can a couple feet from the car (literally maybe two feet from the rear fender). Moved the car out of the garage to do some cleaning. The front bumper was maybe 10 feet from the garage door (trash can is just inside between the two doors. When I got done and went to move the car back in, it wouldn't go. Had to go get the phone.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I Wish the app could:
+ have a "RESET" button, when it is pushed while the car is parked, it shuts down the car completely for 5 minutes and power back up.
+ have a "PANIC" button when pressed and held for 3 seconds, the car's siren goes off, all cameras turned on and record video. And the phone itself plays loud noise.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Since, apparently, you can't have both on, at least Tesla should let you toggle, from the app, between Cabin Overheat Protection and Sentry Mode

I believe you're mixing up terms here, as cabin overheat protection (run AC when above 105° inside) can (and is, by default) active alongside sentry mode. However dog mode (keep the AC to a specific temperature, and show a balloon dog on screen) is not able to be active at the same time as sentry mode. There's also the similar "keep climate on" mode and "camping mode" but I'm not sure if either of those can coexist with sentry mode or not.

Regardless, this is a good suggestion, although it could be risky (for example, it's a big gamble to try to alternate between sentry mode and dog mode, assuming there's actually a dog in the car; both a good chance of accidentally overheating the dog, or missing any burglary etc with sentry mode.)

I know 3rd party apps have better Siri integration. But it would be good if Tesla app did.. doesn’t even have to be Siri integration but more specifically how U can schedule your departure for charging if it let you have your interior temp set with that and everything ready to go. Rather than going into the app and turning climate on..

The percent/range is a good one .. maybe just a long press on the screen the battery bar to change back and forth between the two rather than go through the menu .. like you can do with the clock when u change time zones (had to google it when i first got the car)

Reactions: Gasaraki and spokey
I know 3rd party apps have better Siri integration. But it would be good if Tesla app did.. doesn’t even have to be Siri integration but more specifically how U can schedule your departure for charging if it let you have your interior temp set with that and everything ready to go. Rather than going into the app and turning climate on..

The percent/range is a good one .. maybe just a long press on the screen the battery bar to change back and forth between the two rather than go through the menu .. like you can do with the clock when u change time zones (had to google it when i first got the car)
Absolutely. I had recently changed to percent and decided today that I wanted miles. Couldn't remember where it was. And I did try a long press on the battery.

I believe you're mixing up terms here, as cabin overheat protection (run AC when above 105° inside) can (and is, by default) active alongside sentry mode. However dog mode (keep the AC to a specific temperature, and show a balloon dog on screen) is not able to be active at the same time as sentry mode. There's also the similar "keep climate on" mode and "camping mode" but I'm not sure if either of those can coexist with sentry mode or not.

Regardless, this is a good suggestion, although it could be risky (for example, it's a big gamble to try to alternate between sentry mode and dog mode, assuming there's actually a dog in the car; both a good chance of accidentally overheating the dog, or missing any burglary etc with sentry mode.)

Yes, cabin overheat protection

Nope. Not in my 2019 X at least.
For sentry mode to work, the tilt/intrusion option needs to me active and that invalidates cabin overheat protection.
And what bothers me is that if leave or activate sentry mode and after i want to activate cabin overheat protection i can't do it from the app, i have to go to the car and cancel tilt/intrusion for cabin overheat protection to work.
And that doesn't make any sense...

I'm a developer, working on a new app to enhance the original Tesla app. So I'm collecting ideas of what y'all wish the original Tesla app could have offered.

NOTE: it doesn’t need to be just controlling your car. Think about how you can utilize the different data you get from the car. Like, scheduled AC? Also, a chain of actions in a single button press can be possible!

I'll start off...

I wish the Tesla App could allow me to share my location with anyone (i.e. friends and family) for a limited time without needing to add them as a driver.

I wish it would alert me when the sentry detects something and maybe just give me a little screenshot of the thing it's detecting. The better thing would be to allow be to look at the sentry video via the app but that's probably too much for Tesla.

I bought Stats exclusively for scheduled HVAC, but then found out it didn't play nice with DST, and the developer was a dick about it.

the app should have scheduled HVAC.

Also, for my X, should be able to open/close any door from the app.

For the 3: the trunk being open should not impact if I want to turn on the HVAC. the 3 has a trunk!

thanks

Make charge unlock easily accessible, both from pull down notification (Android) and on main app screen. For M3 owners outside USA it makes releasing the charge cable a lot simpler. Many of us have non- Tesla wall chargers which do not have a release button on the handle.

Reactions: Spacep0d