Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wonder about changing from LR to Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the people that are changing from the long range to a performance after months of waiting really know the differences and want them or they are just doing it out of emotions.

I completely understand "I want what I want and I want it now!"

my niece ordered a long range about a month after I ordered mine, and then she started saying she wanted it now and she was going to switch to a performance, I asked her if she knew the differences, like the front and the back tires are different sizes, they're not going to last very long,( maybe 20-25k, depending on your right foot) and they cost about $2500 to replace.

Not to mention the reported rougher ride(don't know because I have not driven one) and I'm quite sure the insurance is a bit more.

I too like the Performance, but it makes no sense for me, I'll be driving average 3500 miles a month, plus road trips, so the tires alone would kill me.

My entire reason for the Model Y is very low cost of maintenance vs my current 2019 Honda Passport EX-L( bought new May 2020, now has 84,000 miles) not to mention at current Calif gas prices it's .26 cents per mile for fuel alone. A Model Y will be much less, even with the high PG&E rates here in the bay area.

Emotions are a bad thing when moola is involved.

I have a Performance and a LR in the garage. To be fair I’m swapping the LR to another Performance in about two weeks. You get a lot more than the 21” wheels for the $4k price difference. Better lighting, better brakes, rear motor, etc.

Here’s your plan. Get the performance and a set of 19” wheels post delivery.

I have a Performance and a LR in the garage. To be fair I’m swapping the LR to another Performance in about two weeks. You get a lot more than the 21” wheels for the $4k price difference. Better lighting, better brakes, rear motor, etc.

Yes bigger motor and better brakes are a couple things that would be nice and the other goodies, but a Performance isn’t for me.

Very similar here: MYLR7 and MYP in the garage. Going to sell the 21's.

Yes bigger motor and better brakes are a couple things that would be nice and the other goodies, but a Performance isn’t for me.
Why? You can scrape off the underline beneath Dual Motor super easily and just don’t ever clean the calipers. Get enough dirt on a calipers and who will know?

The only reason I can see getting in line for a new order MYLR is you need seven seats. The price delta just isn’t worth it (to me) to wait around. And let’s all formally recognize “waiting around” involves the mentally unhealthy state of checking the app 100+ times a day every single day to see if we need to do something next to get the car. 🤣