TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I wonder how many people have cancel their reservation at this point?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020+' started by SanDiegoGuy, Aug 3, 2020.

1. SanDiegoGuy

SanDiegoGuy Member

Due to the Covid-19, the Tesla Roadster 2020 has definitely been pushed back. I could have invested my $50,000 in stock at the end of March this year and would have easily make $250,000. We'll 20/20 hind site right???

Anyway, Tesla still has my $50,000. This is what I get for wanting to be the first kid on the block to own a Tesla Roadster 2020 :-(

So I wonder how many people have cancelled their reservation.

2. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

I did cancel, but only because my family urgently needs a car for transport when we visit grandparents at a longer distance (we need the range and the jump seats).

3. Tes La Ferrari

Why not cancel and by stock? Easy way to get yourself a discounted roadster when it arrives By using the profits on $50k

• Like x 1
  4. TessP100D

TessP100D Member

COVID is not the reason the 2020 Roadster has been delayed. I’m tired of every business blaming COVID for any all delays..

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. rdunniii

rdunniii Member

I bought the stock on day 2 after the IPO and today I could sell it and buy a Roadster. Not bad for a <$4K investment. And seeing as how it is in a Roth IRA and I am over 60 no taxes on the sell or the distribution.

• Like x 4
  6. user212_nr

user212_nr Active Member

Did Tesla even say that?

• Like x 1
  7. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Member

Most people are not going to line up to buy the roadster, even if you cancel you "shouldn't" have a long wait if you decide to order it later on. Is there any tracking of the roadster reservation list?

8. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I agree, there’s absolutely no evidence that covid has had any impact on delaying the Roadster. It’s simply Tesla being Tesla when it comes to timelines, 2020 really meant 2022 if not later. I don’t see the Roadster coming out anytime soon

9. El joe

El joe Member

Yeah, Tesla’s repeated delays are so frustrating for anyone holding a reservation. Speaks volumes to our loyalties, but one day it could really bite them.

• Like x 1
  10. Mr X

Mr X Future Martian

Pretty certain once anyone eventually drives a Roadster all negative emotion will instantly be forgotten :cool:

• Like x 3
  11. El joe

El joe Member

Oh yeah, probably the same for all their vehicles -- irritating until you get one, then you're thrilled and all is forgiven and forgotten. :)

I was just watching the Semi/Roadster presentation and the looks on people's faces and the reactions to the test drives in the Roadster are amazing. That thing just looks insane and I can't wait till they arrive.

12. walla2

walla2 Member

If a delay is further extended or even just not clarified without any consolation prize for people holding deposits (Tesla has really never done that anyway), my deposit is being retracted Wednesday.

13. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

I'm surprised by all the upset about "delays." Anyone who is a big Tesla fan and follower, and I assume that anyone willing to drop $200k for the Roadster would fall in that category, either didn't expect to see their car until 2022, or they haven't been paying attention for the last 12 years. I have always considered the 2020 Roadster would be the 2022 Roadster, and set my expectations accordingly. I put down full price for the Founder's series, because I thought MAYBE that would give me a chance to get it in 2021, but just as importantly to support the company which has given me some fantastic cars, made me a good bit of profits through the years and has a great mission.

• Like x 1
  14. walla2

walla2 Member

Not upset, just frustrating to see the company missing deadlines like 2010 all over again. Not interested storing money in the interest free account all over again like in those days.

I'll support them in other ways but missing 2020 and likely 2021 means they shouldn't have revealed the Roadster with the Semi reveal that is also heavily delayed. Cybertruck will definitely come out first and maybe another variant of a smaller hatch in china. Imagine Jobs revealing a one more thing that you couldn't buy for 156-208 weeks later. You don't one more thing things like 2010 Tesla. The company has been there and should have been done with that.

15. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Yep
    Looks like the roadster might not arrive until 2022. Disappointing