Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I wonder how many people have cancel their reservation at this point?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to the Covid-19, the Tesla Roadster 2020 has definitely been pushed back. I could have invested my $50,000 in stock at the end of March this year and would have easily make $250,000. We'll 20/20 hind site right???

Anyway, Tesla still has my $50,000. This is what I get for wanting to be the first kid on the block to own a Tesla Roadster 2020 :-(

So I wonder how many people have cancelled their reservation.

Due to the Covid-19, the Tesla Roadster 2020 has definitely been pushed back. I could have invested my $50,000 in stock at the end of March this year and would have easily make $250,000. We'll 20/20 hind site right???

Anyway, Tesla still has my $50,000. This is what I get for wanting to be the first kid on the block to own a Tesla Roadster 2020 :-(

So I wonder how many people have cancelled their reservation.

Why not cancel and by stock? Easy way to get yourself a discounted roadster when it arrives By using the profits on $50k

Reactions: APotatoGod
COVID is not the reason the 2020 Roadster has been delayed. I’m tired of every business blaming COVID for any all delays..
I agree, there’s absolutely no evidence that covid has had any impact on delaying the Roadster. It’s simply Tesla being Tesla when it comes to timelines, 2020 really meant 2022 if not later. I don’t see the Roadster coming out anytime soon

• Love
Reactions: Lubestaff
I agree, there’s absolutely no evidence that covid has had any impact on delaying the Roadster. It’s simply Tesla being Tesla when it comes to timelines, 2020 really meant 2022 if not later. I don’t see the Roadster coming out anytime soon
Yeah, Tesla’s repeated delays are so frustrating for anyone holding a reservation. Speaks volumes to our loyalties, but one day it could really bite them.

Reactions: AMPd
Pretty certain once anyone eventually drives a Roadster all negative emotion will instantly be forgotten :cool:
Oh yeah, probably the same for all their vehicles -- irritating until you get one, then you're thrilled and all is forgiven and forgotten. :)

I was just watching the Semi/Roadster presentation and the looks on people's faces and the reactions to the test drives in the Roadster are amazing. That thing just looks insane and I can't wait till they arrive.

If a delay is further extended or even just not clarified without any consolation prize for people holding deposits (Tesla has really never done that anyway), my deposit is being retracted Wednesday.

I'm surprised by all the upset about "delays." Anyone who is a big Tesla fan and follower, and I assume that anyone willing to drop $200k for the Roadster would fall in that category, either didn't expect to see their car until 2022, or they haven't been paying attention for the last 12 years. I have always considered the 2020 Roadster would be the 2022 Roadster, and set my expectations accordingly. I put down full price for the Founder's series, because I thought MAYBE that would give me a chance to get it in 2021, but just as importantly to support the company which has given me some fantastic cars, made me a good bit of profits through the years and has a great mission.

Reactions: TechOps and felixtb
Not upset, just frustrating to see the company missing deadlines like 2010 all over again. Not interested storing money in the interest free account all over again like in those days.

I'll support them in other ways but missing 2020 and likely 2021 means they shouldn't have revealed the Roadster with the Semi reveal that is also heavily delayed. Cybertruck will definitely come out first and maybe another variant of a smaller hatch in china. Imagine Jobs revealing a one more thing that you couldn't buy for 156-208 weeks later. You don't one more thing things like 2010 Tesla. The company has been there and should have been done with that.

Not upset, just frustrating to see the company missing deadlines like 2010 all over again. Not interested storing money in the interest free account all over again like in those days.

I'll support them in other ways but missing 2020 and likely 2021 means they shouldn't have revealed the Roadster with the Semi reveal that is also heavily delayed. Cybertruck will definitely come out first and maybe another variant of a smaller hatch in china. Imagine Jobs revealing a one more thing that you couldn't buy for 156-208 weeks later. You don't one more thing things like 2010 Tesla. The company has been there and should have been done with that.
Yep
Looks like the roadster might not arrive until 2022. Disappointing

Placed a reservation for the Roadster when first announced (believing 2020 to be a real date, having dealt with TM since 2012 I should have known better) and plunked down $50000 deposit. Plaid was announced and I made a reservation and figured why do I need a Roadster, and in any case, if I really want one I will just order when (and if) it materializes. For the last 3 weeks, I have been getting the run around about the status of the refund as no one seems to know anything about a deposit. Seems like a 3 card monty, now you see it now you don't. Now I know what Fisker customers felt like.

Anyone have any luck in getting deposit back and if so how did you ever manage to do it.

Placed a reservation for the Roadster when first announced (believing 2020 to be a real date, having dealt with TM since 2012 I should have known better) and plunked down $50000 deposit. Plaid was announced and I made a reservation and figured why do I need a Roadster, and in any case, if I really want one I will just order when (and if) it materializes. For the last 3 weeks, I have been getting the run around about the status of the refund as no one seems to know anything about a deposit. Seems like a 3 card monty, now you see it now you don't. Now I know what Fisker customers felt like.

Anyone have any luck in getting deposit back and if so how did you ever manage to do it.

Try a notice to perform sent certified USPS with a copy of the deposit agreement and your proof of wire.

Teslas accountants*

what deposit?
65E8FB95-8AB9-4C3F-8712-5E21B3175BE0.jpeg