TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

i wonder...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by harvey.S, Jan 12, 2017.

1. harvey.S

harvey.S New Member

Hi.
    I'm sending an e-mail to ask you some questions about TESLA S 70D.
    I will be really appreciate it if you repond my questions below.
    1. If the battery runs out of power from the long repair period what happens to the car ?
    2. What kind of warning light comes on before and after the accident or the repairs?
    3. What is the solution to the warning light?
    4. Is there a scanner which scans the TESLA that I own? (I have a borsh, for your information.)
    5. A condenser of the air conditioner has gotten damaged. What kind of gas do I have to put? I'm considering 134. Is it okay to put it?

6. And I found the air conditioner covered with the plastic cover. If I order the condenser, is the plastic cover included in the product? Or do I have to order it separately?

7. I'm a car mechanic. How can I buy a part that I need without receiving the service from the shop?
    I'd like to know the fastest way to get a part for repairs.
    I'm looking forward to your prompt reply. Thank you.

2. Manzacoty

Manzacoty Member

Batteries sitting dead isn't a good idea and can cause permanent damage. Why not just keep charging while repairing?

Sounds like you got a salvage and Tesla won't do much for you. If you did, you might want to try and get parts used or get a non salvaged owner to buy the parts from Tesla.

If yours isn't salvaged, I would take it to Tesla and have them do the work.

I know that's not what you want to hear as an auto mechanic. I've turned a wrench for many years but still take mine in for service as it's nothing like an ICE car.

Good luck

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

see above

In an accident, main battery pack should disconnect.

I don't know how to re-enable the main battery pack again.

I guess you can try calling Tesla to remotely re-enable it.

Fix whatever it complains.

Tesla should have a tool, I have no idea.

Tesla mechanic can also bring up a diagnostic screen from the 17" display. I assume it can also be done remotely too.

I have no idea but I agree with you that since Freon is banned, 134 is logical.

I have no idea.

Call Tesla up!

You can pay for mechanic/do-it-yourself access at:

Welcome | Tesla Service