Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I would like economy mode for my mdl 3-my thoughts/config

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take away that massive acceleration and put me on economy mode or max range please.
Give me max speed of 75mph and 0-60 downgrade when wanted by me in the software.
Will this give me more mileage per watt? I don't know-not sure how that is setup and I'm not one of those
techy engineers on how Tesla's battery management system works. If I'm in a pinch and need a little
more range to get me where I'm headed and software would help me-I'd like to be able to do just this.
I will be getting a t3d (TED) Tesla model 3 Dual motor. Maybe I should label this 3D. :)
I won't be going crazy on options because I think a lot of them are useless and worthless. Sure they might
be 'cool' but they won't be 'practical'.

Examples:
Rim size-don't care
pano roof- don't care
AP full version- don't care - I like driving my car-cruise control will be on standard not full
Stereo-don't want one-I'll do a custom job on it-They can't possibly do my stereo as it runs on pure linux pc encrypted platform-I don't want some samsung POS. Have my own wireless/speech controller for it-so, I don't need anything from Tesla for it.

Battery-yeah I care about this one
Manual windows-I'd love to have them, but I'm sure they won't be an option.
Lud or performance mode-really?! I don't get it but perhaps I'm just too old to care. Complete waste of money in my mind.
Sub zero-ehhhh-nope don't want it. I've lived 60 years with out it-I'll die without it too.

smart suspension-yeah I might want this. A lot of roads here are rough.
Tow hitch-nope-Shouldn't you have a truck for that?! If you need to cart a bike - just get roof racks.
I could understand this is you tow a small flatbed trailer.

And finally, of course, color options. Yes, color options are nice, but I'd be much happier with galvanization for rust prevention.

Now if Tesla does packages like they probably will to help with manufacturing speed-I might be stuck with some options
I really don't want. Instead of not wanting them I just might never use them.
Not complaining here just stating what I will order and what I want.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: SureValla
you have an economy mode already - its called your right foot :)
Honestly, just don't press as hard.
Steady accelleration, lots of slowing down with regen instead of brakes and drive in a relaxed way gets you all you need.
All so called "eco" modes do is deaden the pedal to stop you from eating power.
I get better range without ECO now without using it, just by chilling out.
If you want more proof, look up the various videos on folks getting the last record of 452 miles - without eco mode.

The economy is built in. What do you think you're looking at dollar wise for daily charging?

All this concern over extracting every last ampere and saving every penny is somewhat amusing.

People are screwing on Pizza Pie Pans to the wheels of their $100K car to save 25 cents in daily electricity.

I don't get it.

The economy is built in. You don't need to fill the tank every week, or do oil changes, or get emissions inspections, or replace mufflers, spark plugs, fan belts, etc.

• Love
Reactions: gene and Red Sage
I thought the original poster asked for an economy mode. The range mode will be there just like as in the MS, MX. And range is also a function of how fast you're going.

Economy is about saving money. And improving range may cost more money (i.e. bigger battery).

Take away that massive acceleration and put me on economy mode or max range please.
Give me max speed of 75mph and 0-60 downgrade when wanted by me in the software.
Will this give me more mileage per watt?
If you are incapable of sufficiently limiting the power with the accelerator pedal control, I'm sure it can be limited in software. I guess you'd make the first 1/2 pedal travel some fraction of normal acceleration, and the last half normal. You'd need the full acceleration for safety purposes.

Zen,

I don't need full acceleration at all. I live in a town of about 2000 and my car now goes 0-60 in 12 seconds and I've never had a problem pulling out. I don't need a sub 6 second car. My 12 second car does just fine. If it has a max range setting-I'll use that nearly all the time.
Some of the other responses are not very good. Like depression of accelerator. Come on guys-my IQ is higher than you obviously. I was asking about software not human carelessness. Thanks though.

It sounds like you want one of these:

chevy-bolt-drive-116-1020.0.jpg

I'm sure it will be nice and slow for you.

Teslas are so efficient you do not have to worry about economy. We added to solar to our house so we do not pay for gasoline and we do not pay for electricity. Even if you pay for the electricity it is so much less than gasoline that you will not worry about mileage/economy. A Tesla is a very "green" car and it is also a "fun" car. The combination is a complete game changer.

It doesn't matter. What I suggested would suit your purposes, as pedal travel past a certain point would require quite intentional foot pressure. You'd effectively always be in economy mode.
Exactly. This isn't some jittery, rumbling, feisty, four hundred cubic inch, four barrel carburetor, dual exhaust V8 powered gas guzzler with a twitchy clutch to operate the four-on-the-floor manual transmission. It is not going to run away from you just because you have it in gear and put your foot within a 1/4 inch of the accelerator. Your economy of motion, at heel, ankle, and toe will allow you to engage as much, or as little, acceleration potential as you like. Take the car to 60 MPH in 38 seconds instead of 3.2 if you want. But don't expect to set cruise control at 90 MPH and go substantially further simply because you accelerated to that speed at a lower rate.

Reactions: int32_t
Zen,

I don't need full acceleration at all. I live in a town of about 2000 and my car now goes 0-60 in 12 seconds and I've never had a problem pulling out. I don't need a sub 6 second car. My 12 second car does just fine. If it has a max range setting-I'll use that nearly all the time.
Some of the other responses are not very good. Like depression of accelerator. Come on guys-my IQ is higher than you obviously. I was asking about software not human carelessness. Thanks though.
Put a block of wood under the electron pedal. Problem solved.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Genshi and Red Sage
Based on your location and the options you appear to want, you might be the last person on this forum to get a Model 3.
Um, you are aware that there are people in other countries in this forum, aren't you?

I'm with the OP. Except I'd get the cold weather package since it goes down to -35,-40 here.

As for the Bolt CmdrThor suggested, I'd take it if it had a fast charging network at all, comparable in speed to Tesla's. It must be noted that the nearest Tesla Supercharger is out of the range of any Tesla on the market at the moment from here. The nearest CCS charger is even farther away.