TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

i1Tesla reviewed "The Bandit" license plate holder

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by TonyPham, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

What a journey it has been. Thanks to all fellow TMC members for your encouragement, all + / - feedback, support, very appreciated!

• Like x 3
  2. estribo714

estribo714 Member

Let’s have a group buy?!?!

• Like x 1
  3. rdlink

rdlink Member

I'd be up for a group buy.

• Like x 1
  4. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

I think I missed out on the TMC "Early Bird" but if there's a follow-up group buy, I'd be up for it now that I finally have a VIN assigned. :)

• Like x 1
  5. Koflach

Koflach Member

i'd be down for a group buy as I love the look of the Bandit.

• Like x 1
  6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

• Like x 1
  7. SteveD

SteveD Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  8. rdlink

rdlink Member

Torklift looks nice, but it appears to partially block airflow. And it's $15 more expensive.

• Like x 3
  9. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

Priced as low as possible, it actually might go up slightly (materials from vendors increasing $). Like @rdlink mentioned, it's below others.

10. Koflach

Koflach Member

are you open to a group buy @TonyPham or possibly just offer everyone a discount code? Thanks!

11. NathanielHrnblwr

How’s this hold up when the inevitable driver hits the front plate when parking nose to nose? WIll it crack and break or will the holder bend back and hit the bumper? If the latter, any way to protect from scratches?

12. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

Folks, a group buy is not appropriate for this. Tony is not PPF installer or a large company or an RPM...he is an individual who came up with a smart idea and found a way to develop the idea/product in small quantity's for the Tesla community. If you support the entrepreneurial community, then buy from Tony; if not, go elsewhere. His product is high quality, competitively priced, and well thought out and yes...I purchased one for my car a few months back so i can speak from experience. :p

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  13. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

14. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

@MissyMcBee wow! deeply appreciated for your support.

• Like x 1
  15. estribo714

estribo714 Member

Can you post your link to the store?

• Like x 1
  16. TonyPham

TonyPham Member

17. rdlink

rdlink Member

It's his decision to make about the economics of his product, and a group sale. There are a lot of variables to consider. Does he have all the business he needs already, or could he use more exposure and volume? If more volume is good, what is the break over point at which he could benefit from selling a large number at a slightly discounted price? Is there a benefit to getting more product out in public, and putting a bunch of brand ambassadors out in the wild?

Frankly, even though this product is cheaper than the Tork Lift I still find it a bit pricey for what it does. I thought that, if Tony wanted/needed to sell more volume there might be room for a small discount if it meant selling, say 50 or 100 of them at once. It might be a win/win.

Still trying to decide whether I need this product. But what I really don't need is someone who's not the vendor scolding me about "the entrepreneurial community."

18. Koflach

Koflach Member

There's really nothing wrong with people asking him, the worst thing he can say is no. It's a great looking product and I hope to purchase it at some point in the future. If there was a discount offered i would have bumped up my timeline to purchase it.

19. estribo714

estribo714 Member

Exactly, don’t hurt to ask. Thanks again tony, I placed my order!

20. NathanielHrnblwr

Thanks. So what will happen if a car bumped into this? Would it stress the bottom grill plastic?

The video review didn't seem to explain it.