Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

i1Tesla reviewed "The Bandit" license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the design of the bandit license plate. And I bought one. But I am concerned about any front impacts that would damage the plate holder or the louvers that they are attached to. Could be an expensive fix.
For very low slight impacts: The grill below is very flexible and the front plate will angle back due to the nature of the design. More forgiving than a mount that is lower that blocks the grill since the force is direct. At any higher speed impacts, yes, it will damage your front end & it will be expensive. Thanks @SteveD for your support, very appreciated!

Just installed my plate holder today. Super easy to mount and very sturdy and lots of room for airflow! I'm not too worried about bumping into something as the front sensors help to prevent bumping into things.

Attachments

• 20180908_120836.jpg
    20180908_120836.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 577
Reactions: TonyPham
Wanted to share with the community who had concerns about bumping another car with the Bandit. Well I'm a real world case. Had a hectic morning and was dropping of the kids to school. Forgot to put the car into PARK and we also had Creep mode enabled. As I got out of the car it rolled very slowly to the car in front and just kissed the bumper. Fortunately there was no damage to the car in front, our Model 3, the Bandit license plate holder and the grill. Solid product! Seems having it mounted higher allows the Tesla grill to "flex" as the force is upward vs inward like other license plate holders. No issues with the Bandit, held up well, solid product! Oh and now we disabled Creep mode, much safer!

I too am a customer Tony, thanks!

Since we’re talking...

Any chance to source some black bolts & washers to blend in?

Can you start a project to make Emergency Door Release Covers?!? :p

YEP! This would also be a request of mine! Bought the Bandit. Love it. It gets the job done. It is firm and not flimsy. Just like others, I did worry about bumping into something and the damage. But it's been about a month and no bumps or issues.

Reactions: TonyPham