Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

i1Tesla reviewed "The Bandit" license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone - I met with @TonyPham today to discuss the issues I had with my "Bandit" License Plate Frame. Let me say that Tony is an awesome guy who really cares about Customer Satisfaction and helping everyone in the Tesla community. I'm absolutely confident Tony will come up with a fix that will make all his customers happy with the product. Thanks again for meeting me today and thanks for your contributions to the Tesla community !!

Hello everyone - I met with @TonyPham today to discuss the issues I had with my "Bandit" License Plate Frame. Let me say that Tony is an awesome guy who really cares about Customer Satisfaction and helping everyone in the Tesla community. I'm absolutely confident Tony will come up with a fix that will make all his customers happy with the product. Thanks again for meeting me today and thanks for your contributions to the Tesla community !!
That is awesome, if wasn't for Tony's product my front plates would still be in my trunk. His design also makes cleaning the front bumper so easy!

That is awesome, if wasn't for Tony's product my front plates would still be in my trunk. His design also makes cleaning the front bumper so easy!

Great point about being able to easily clean the bumper behind the plate. I’d like to add another real-world situation I had the other day that validates the sturdiness of The Bandit:

I recently backed into my garage where the front of the car was a little too close to the garage door and it came down on top of The Bandit. Even with the heavy downforce of the garage door opener hitting only The Bandit and not the car, The Bandit was sturdy enough to cause the garage door to reverse course. I freaked out and jumped out of the car and everything was still intact. No vent plastic damage, and definitely no Bandit damage. Nice!

Reactions: MissyMcBee
I recently backed into my garage where the front of the car was a little too close to the garage door and it came down on top of The Bandit. Even with the heavy downforce of the garage door opener hitting only The Bandit and not the car, The Bandit was sturdy enough to cause the garage door to reverse course. I freaked out and jumped out of the car and everything was still intact. No vent plastic damage, and definitely no Bandit damage. Nice!

I bet that was a scary moment, but glad to hear everything was intact and no damage happened !!

Update on "The Bandit" front license plate frame:

I met with @TonyPham again last Saturday and received the latest version of "The Bandit" front license plate frame. The latest version is a lot easier to install. The new, all metal rear braces have enough weight to them, so they naturally fall in the correct place to screw in the 5/32" hex bolt. To speed up the install, I purchased a Bondhus - 5/32in. ProHold Ball End Hex Screwdriver to use in place of the supplied hex key.

I'm very happy to have "The Bandit" front license plate frame again. It makes cleaning behind the license plate so much easier. Between the two versions of "The Bandit", I was using a different brand that had wave shaped foam pads along three surfaces that made contact with the front bumper. When I removed that frame, dirt had already started to accumulate underneath the pads.

Thanks Tony, for your excellent Customer Service and continuing to improve your product !

Reactions: TonyPham
Update on "The Bandit" front license plate frame:

I met with @TonyPham again last Saturday and received the latest version of "The Bandit" front license plate frame. The latest version is a lot easier to install. The new, all metal rear braces have enough weight to them, so they naturally fall in the correct place to screw in the 5/32" hex bolt. To speed up the install, I purchased a Bondhus - 5/32in. ProHold Ball End Hex Screwdriver to use in place of the supplied hex key.

I'm very happy to have "The Bandit" front license plate frame again. It makes cleaning behind the license plate so much easier. Between the two versions of "The Bandit", I was using a different brand that had wave shaped foam pads along three surfaces that made contact with the front bumper. When I removed that frame, dirt had already started to accumulate underneath the pads.

Thanks Tony, for your excellent Customer Service and continuing to improve your product !

Hmm he sent me a replacement frame...but it doesn’t have an all metal rear brace. It’s the same marine board As the original one I received.

Hmm he sent me a replacement frame...but it doesn’t have an all metal rear brace. It’s the same marine board As the original one I received.

@N54TT, your tabs have the stainless steel inserts with the anti-corrosion gel instead of the aluminum ones. Should be fine, thanks, let me know if you have any issues or problems. @jkoya, thanks I really appreciate it!

not sure I can endorse the bandit anymore. The replacement frame I was sent already has broken braces. This was never even installed yet and has just been sitting on my shelf. You can even still see the anti corrosion gel inside the nuts. Now it’s useless with the broken brackets.

93B4A194-FDB9-4E5B-9508-6597F0CDA0E3.jpeg
815D9661-B1DB-44D8-BB33-F59F4E06185E.jpeg

• Helpful
not sure I can endorse the bandit anymore. The replacement frame I was sent already has broken braces. This was never even installed yet and has just been sitting on my shelf. You can even still see the anti corrosion gel inside the nuts. Now it’s useless with the broken brackets.

Have you had the chance to contact @TonyPham yet ? Hopefully he can get you one with the solid stainless steel mounting tabs...

View attachment 481481 View attachment 481482
Yes, please message me your info / email [email protected] & I'll send you the latest version with SOLID stainless steel tabs today. Appreciate your feedback & post!
- Tony

View attachment 481481 View attachment 481482

Tony is stand up and taking care of it!! Thanks again Tony for your continued support!

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt