Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

i1Tesla reviewed "The Bandit" license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rdlink & @Koflach really appreciate your insights, suggestions & thoughts. Its actually quite labor intensive and many steps required including beveling edges, cross drilling, and completely assembled, ready to install than a stamped piece of metal. @estribo714 Thanks! It's in production & should ship out within 10 business days. @NathanielHrnblwr great question, the bottom grill is very flexible & durable (similar bumper material)

Reactions: rdlink
do you want an award or something for not needing a front license plate? I'm not really sure what reaction you were looking for when you came in here bragging about it. Did you expect us to start giving you high fives?
Yeah, actually I do. Since we want to be all butthurt over a simple comment. Send me that award here’s my address:

1224 Rainbow Rd
Idontneedafrontplatebutyoudo, XX 80085

Thanks in advance pal.

Thanks. So what will happen if a car bumped into this? Would it stress the bottom grill plastic?

The video review didn't seem to explain it.
Good question.

I'm thinking that if you bumped into something.....you would break out all of those plastic slats under there.

It might even break the louvers that automatically open and close.

Those vents aren't built to take 5 mph bumps.

I'm mounting my license plate holder to the bottom of the car. ( Hide away ).

AnarchyEOD, I only wish that CA didn't require a front plate. But it is a small trade off for not shoveling snow in the winter!

@TonyPham, do you run without your front plate and install it only when you know you need to (like driving in San Francisco, or if you are pulled over)? I'm curious to know how easy it is to remove and reinstall when using as a temporary installation.

Reactions: TonyPham
Run with plate. One of the design goals was ease of installation & removal (most reported less than 10 minutes). The stainless steel stop collar on the top bolt when removing, 1) prevents the rear mount tab from being completely unscrewed, falling out & 2) tabs can be easily oriented horizontally for removal.

Yes, a lot of thought went into this design. Very impressive. I did a lot of searching around on eBay, Goggle and Amazon, there's nothing remotely close to Tony's design. This is something Tesla would have design if they wanted to add a front plate design. Thanks Tony, I just couldn't believe Tesla's front plate design was a double stick foam tape to my multi-coat red paint, unbelievable! Checkout the product review posted on Youtube by i1Tesla.

Reactions: TonyPham and P85_DA
Yes, a lot of thought went into this design. Very impressive. I did a lot of searching around on eBay, Goggle and Amazon, there's nothing remotely close to Tony's design. This is something Tesla would have design if they wanted to add a front plate design. Thanks Tony, I just couldn't believe Tesla's front plate design was a double stick foam tape to my multi-coat red paint, unbelievable! Checkout the product review posted on Youtube by i1Tesla.

Whoa I just got a little tan from your spotlight, thanks for the review! Was hoping that Tesla could have pre-drilled some holes on the top edge of the grill opening to mount. The Bandit is the best compromise design I could think of.

Great question, thanks! @pandam3 tested at "extended periods when I was over 90 mph" The Bandit - Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Holder

Sorry I should have elaborated a bit more. Being that the plate is not directly attached to the front of the car and wind can get behind it, I was wondering if this creates extra wind resistance which could shorten the range of the vehicle, similar to non Aero wheels causing a dip in the range.

Reactions: TonyPham
Sorry I should have elaborated a bit more. Being that the plate is not directly attached to the front of the car and wind can get behind it, I was wondering if this creates extra wind resistance which could shorten the range of the vehicle, similar to non Aero wheels causing a dip in the range.
Interesting thought! Will need to verify if there's any noticeable effects on range and or Wh/Mile. Would be difficult to duplicate exactly. Thanks @clicketyclack