Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I3 Road Rage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the portly guy had shorts that look like Army Dress Blues, altered(?). I have to say, you took a chance rolling your window down and engaging him. Here where I live, when a guy gets out to confront, they usually start whaling on the driver. Glad nothing happened. Please, don’t do that again unless you get out, too!

I guess I bring out the best in people.

The dude says I cut him off on the highway, maybe I did, nothing intentional though. 2 Lanes merging on the right right after the 78 freeway merge and lane ending and my carpool lane ending on the opposite side. He did high beam me while I was trying to exit to let me know he was mad. I was doing about 80mph to keep up with traffic until getting a lane over from the exit lane and slowing while trying to merge into the exit lane to exit, so he must have speed up to block me from getting over at about 85-90. He is the blue lights to my right. Whatevs, drivers here are crazy. Said something about his self driving car showed him I was in the wrong? Didn't like my aggressive driving (I assume when I speed around him thinking he is a craze person).

I told him to get back in his car and drive and I have the whole thing on video. He followed me for a couple more miles before turning. Does not seem to be the kind of guy looking for a fight or worse, but you never know.

Debating on reporting him for unsafe driving, but he didn't touch me or the car. Plus there was a shooting down the street earlier today too, a guy barricaded himself in his hotel room and refused to checkout then shot himself. So the police certainly have bigger issues.

Anyways, model 3 dashcam is great.

Holy hell. 100% report that guy.

He literally stops in the middle of the road twice in order to box you in.

That is CRAZY.

Word of advice: Don't EVER stop and roll your window down in that situation. F that [expletive].

Window down. Back up. Drive away.

Pretty much zero chance anything good comes of that. But a modest chance something quite bad happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glamisduner
I noticed that the portly guy had shorts that look like Army Dress Blues, altered(?). I have to say, you took a chance rolling your window down and engaging him. Here where I live, when a guy gets out to confront, they usually start whaling on the driver. Glad nothing happened. Please, don’t do that again unless you get out, too!
Yea, not sure what I was thinking. But i was expecting an attempted punch when the window went down, I was anticipating it. I think he knew that actually which isn't going to stop must people and would not have ended well for him. Adrenalin was pumping for sure.

Not to long ago @MXWing posted some good advice on similar dangerous situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: MXWing
Yea, not sure what I was thinking. But i was expecting an attempted punch when the window went down, I was anticipating it. I think he knew that actually which isn't going to stop must people and would not have ended well for him. Adrenalin was pumping for sure.

Not to long ago @MXWing posted some good advice on similar dangerous situations.

Have you decided and gone ahead to report him?

I think a visit from law enforcement will discourage such future actions. I don't think the guys life should be wrecked (as he did not harm you or your car) but they will probably give him a good talking too.

It's unfortunate San Diego is awful on CCW policy but a nice folding knife in the console would be an effective defensive tool.

I am unaware of restrictions for folding knifes in SD but my personal favorite is a Cuda Maxx.

upload_2019-6-20_10-31-18.png

You learn something new everyday. I figure the worst an i3 driver would do is waltz over to me in his crocs and throw a cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte on my car or something.

Have you decided and gone ahead to report him?

I think a visit from law enforcement will discourage such future actions.

It's unfortunate San Diego is awful on CCW policy but a nice folding knife in the console would be an effective defensive tool.

I am unaware of restrictions for folding knifes in SD but my personal favorite is a Cuda Maxx.

View attachment 421286
Yea, maybe someday I'll get my ccw permit. It's not even San Diego though, I have to abide by work restrictions on top, so ccw wouldn't have even been insurance in this case.

Not sure how much trouble id get in for that one. SD knife laws themselves are not as restrictive as other areas.

I have not reported him him. I'm not sure how to do that.

@afadeev - are you the i3 driver that tried to block off @Glamisduner ?

Your disagrees are ridiculous - much like the i3 driver.

Yea, maybe someday I'll get my ccw permit. It's not even San Diego though, I have to abide by work restrictions on top, so ccw wouldn't have even been insurance in this case.

You can place your firearm into a nanovault that is cabled underneath your seat when needing to disarm. People who break into Model 3s would never look there.

Edit: If you don't have a Blackvue dual channel setup, I would encourage one on top of Sentry mode. I think you want to cover all your recording blind spots and have redundancy.

You can call the non emergency line for your local PD and describe the situation. They for sure will send officers to have 'a chat'.

Stay safe out there.

Last edited:
I had a driver do a left turn in front of me making me literally slide to a screeching stop. I honked. He turned around and got ahead of me and pulled into a motel parking lot. Naturally I kept going. He started following me so I drove past my house and a mile to the nearest police substation. For some reason he quit following me then. I am over 70 and long past the point where I want to be fighting. Besides, the SOB following me might actually know how to. I have a CCW but don't carry. I don't think shooting somebody over being an asshole actually fixes anything and I don't want to spend my last years in courts.

I flashed my lights because he was stopped in front of me for no reason on a major road, and there was other traffic in the right lane so I could not pass. Also I expected him to speed up to the speed limit when I got behind him, not slam on his brakes, I never should have been anywhere close to his rear. He was in a rush 10 seconds before doing about 90mph after all (I was going 80 on AP when I disengaged to keep up with the flow of traffic when he accelerated up to block me from getting over). 80mph is already too fast when the next lane over is only doing 40-45, you can see me slow down to merge into the exit lane.

Maybe instead of flashing your lights, if you were such peril you might want to consider flashing your hazards

Blood pressure meda
Consider the other guy's perspective:
- Dude is driving home, when an aggressive driver cuts in front of him at the highway exit, then accelerates upto, and rides his rear bumper. For no good reason.
- Guy is near his house, and doesn't want to lead the whacko to his family.
- So he stops, hoping that that weirdo passes him and leaves him alone. Aggressive driver flashes the lights, and doesn't seam to want to move along.
- Aggressive driver is tracking right along the rout to guy's house, freaking him out further.
- So he passes him, and decides to clear the air and resolve the situation away from his home, family, and kids.

Either way, there are always two sides to every story.
This thread could easily be titled "Tesla road range towards i3" ...
:eek:
I'm beginning to understand how OJ got away with it.

I had a driver do a left turn in front of me making me literally slide to a screeching stop. I honked. He turned around and got ahead of me and pulled into a motel parking lot. Naturally I kept going. He started following me so I drove past my house and a mile to the nearest police substation. For some reason he quit following me then. I am over 70 and long past the point where I want to be fighting. Besides, the SOB following me might actually know how to. I have a CCW but don't carry. I don't think shooting somebody over being an asshole actually fixes anything and I don't want to spend my last years in courts.
Definitely not, but it's a valuable last resort. I hope I didn't come off differently. I have been in enough situations where I would have wanted one, but only one or two where I would have drawn. Both times was someone pulling out a 6"+ knife on me. Once a friend literally karate kicked it out of the guys hand, and the other time I was able to get away. Both were many years ago when I couldn't have had one anyways. Ahhh school memories :)

Last edited:
@afadeev - are you the i3 driver that tried to block off @Glamisduner ?

Your disagrees are ridiculous - much like the i3 driver.

You can place your firearm into a nanovault that is cabled underneath your seat when needing to disarm. People who break into Model 3s would never look there.

Edit: If you don't have a Blackvue dual channel setup, I would encourage one on top of Sentry mode. I think you want to cover all your recording blind spots and have redundancy.

You can call the non emergency line for your local PD and describe the situation. They for sure will send officers to have 'a chat'.

Stay safe out there.
As for the Dash camera,
Yea but they don't allow them at work, so It would be a paint to constantly remove and re-install them, especially the rear one. Luckily they have not stopped allowing tesla's yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: SaddleSC