Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I3 Road Rage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the end, it makes no difference whether the OP was 100% blameless, or shared some culpability for the confrontation. Just forget about it. Go about your business and get the hell away from the other driver. If the other driver starts to follow you and you have reason to be afraid, call 911 and let the police respond. You still have the video to support your position.

I really do not care what others think about me, my Tesla, or anything else. Let the BMW guy think he got the best of a tree-hugging, wimpy Tesla driver. Let him extol his like-minded friends and relatives about his latest conquest. I guarantee you within 24 hours (likely less) this dude will have some other issue and will have forgotten about this incident. Save your testosterone-laced emotions for something more suitable and enjoyable! :eek: :D

And for those who have suggested carrying a knife for protection, you may wish to research the California Penal Code as it pertains to knives. It is not an easy read, but suffice to say that some knives are permitted under the law if they are worn openly on the waist and carried in a sheath. Blade length is determinant. I believe the limit is 2.5", but has been awhile since I looked into this matter. Concealed knives are unlawful whether on your person or in a purse. The knife definition makes no distinction between a knife used for hunting or fishing and a kitchen knife, pocket knife, or pair of scissors.

Situations like these call to mind Shel Silverstein's song, "The Winner." Smart advice.

Totally agree... sometimes winning means walking away, and letting the other person think they've won.

You are once again intentionally misrepresenting the sequence of events.

To what end does following this blowhard get the Tesla driver? Clearly he knows the guy was driving like a tool and was pissed. So now you are going to poke him by flashing your beams at him. Doesn't matter who was right or wrong leading up to the confrontation. What if the guy was carrying and got out his car shooting?

Things can change in an instant. Remember the New Orleans shooting of the football star?

OP should have put his big boy pants on and carried on with the day.

In the end, it makes no difference whether the OP was 100% blameless, or shared some culpability for the confrontation. Just forget about it. Go about your business and get the hell away from the other driver. If the other driver starts to follow you and you have reason to be afraid, call 911 and let the police respond. You still have the video to support your position.

I really do not care what others think about me, my Tesla, or anything else. Let the BMW guy think he got the best of a tree-hugging, wimpy Tesla driver. Let him extol his like-minded friends and relatives about his latest conquest. I guarantee you within 24 hours (likely less) this dude will have some other issue and will have forgotten about this incident. Save your testosterone-laced emotions for something more suitable and enjoyable! :eek: :D

And for those who have suggested carrying a knife for protection, you may wish to research the California Penal Code as it pertains to knives. It is not an easy read, but suffice to say that some knives are permitted under the law if they are worn openly on the waist and carried in a sheath. Blade length is determinant. I believe the limit is 2.5", but has been awhile since I looked into this matter. Concealed knives are unlawful whether on your person or in a purse. The knife definition makes no distinction between a knife used for hunting or fishing and a kitchen knife, pocket knife, or pair of scissors.

Situations like these call to mind Shel Silverstein's song, "The Winner." Smart advice.
"There is no length limit for knives in California, except where there is. In most public places there is no limit. Some cities have their own laws on blade lengths. San Diego does not. There are size limits for schools, government buildings and airports."

San Diego California Knife Laws - The Law Office of Rodger Pasieczny, Criminal and DUI Defense Lawyer

No such restriction for folding knifes.

Carrying a knife may be better than nothing, but could also lead to getting yourself stabbed, I use mine as edc tool typically, I'm not some open carry knife toting ruffian :)

To what end does following this blowhard get the Tesla driver? Clearly he knows the guy was driving like a tool and was pissed. So now you are going to poke him by flashing your beams at him. Doesn't matter who was right or wrong leading up to the confrontation. What if the guy was carrying and got out his car shooting?

Things can change in an instant. Remember the New Orleans shooting of the football star?

Just wanted to explain my disagree.
I wasn't following him, I was driving home. My next turn was a left. In fact I went around him to avoid him the first time. He followed me then cut in front of me and brake checked me a second time. I wasn't even mad when I got ended up behind him, not until he just stopped anyways. I didn't expect him to follow since I didn't even know why I he was mad, which was because he his adaptive cruise control set for 90 threw him a warning when I was trying to get over to exit.

Totally agree... sometimes winning means walking away, and letting the other person think they've won.

What happens when the “other person” thinks you need to be hospitalized or killed for cutting them off?

Not everyone will accept an apology or let you walk away.

You cannot project your values to someone else.

I very much believe in walking softly and carrying a big stick.

You are replying to a comment you already replied to...four days after making your original reply.

Maybe you should heed your own advice...