TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ibackpack.co

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EdA, Jul 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

2. drinkerofkoolaid

drinkerofkoolaid Active Member

#2 drinkerofkoolaid, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    I'd suggest changing the title of the this thread to something like "Tesla Powered Backpack?"

What do they mean by "Tesla style battery system"? The backpack looks like a bargain ranging from $149 - $249, assuming it works as described. However, they really should clarify if Tesla batteries are being used in the product. If they aren't, the video and website is more than a bit misleading, and I feel pretty sure a lot of backers are going to be a bit annoyed.

If this is using Tesla batteries, it is a very big deal for Tesla and for this company. That's a lot of battery orders from Tesla, not to mention a whole new market for Tesla's batteries. However, until someone clarifies, I'm very skeptical.

iBackPack is a smart bag with Wi-Fi Hotspot, USB Charging, GPS Tracking for $149 | Gizmo Times

image.jpg

Attached Files:

3. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

I'm pretty sure they aren't actually using any Tesla batteries. They say things like "This Powerbank that’s compatible to any iOS, Android or Windows gadget is based on technology similar to that of Tesla’s latest battery innovation" and describe their battery as a "Tesla-Style Battery System." I'm pretty sure that once Tesla sees their material, they will be forced to remove the prominent Tesla logos.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Don't change the thread title. This product has nothing to do with Tesla. The promoters are trying to get some of the Tesla "aura" to rub off on them and boost sales. It's slimy advertising and Tesla should go after them.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Ed, I watched the video at the top of the page you linked to and I didn't see any mention of Tesla. The web page does say "Tesla style battery" and show the Tesla logo, which is pretty sleazy since I am certain that Telsa has nothing to do with this product (which by e way does not exist yet, the page is a crowd funding solicitation).
    This thread should be in Off Topic. I'm viewing it in Tapatalk and can't tell what forum it is in.

6. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

It is in "off topic" now.

The interesting thing is that my wife got an email directly from them, she suspected they knew she was an owner.