Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IC replacement not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy purchased an IC from Realdeel and he just got it installed. The car is only illuminating about half of the screen, and the image is pretty distorted and not working. Anyone seen this happen before? He initially tried swapping the IC without disconnecting the HV, but even after removing HV / 12V power he still can't get this issue to clear with a reset. Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• IC.jpg
    IC.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 111
assuming this is on an mcu1 car, IC is a standalone computer that has to be firmware matched to the cid. Depending upon the firmware both the Ic and cid are currently running, and if you have Ethernet access to the car network, this can be easy or hard.

But I just want to warn you that assuming you get the lcd issues resolved, the ic will need a firmware redeploy before it’ll talk to the car correctly.

oh, and until you get it working, gateway will NOT charge your 12v battery until the redeploy is successful. So watch your 12v battery voltage because you could kill your 12v battery in a few hours.

assuming this is on an mcu1 car, IC is a standalone computer that has to be firmware matched to the cid. Depending upon the firmware both the Ic and cid are currently running, and if you have Ethernet access to the car network, this can be easy or hard.

But I just want to warn you that assuming you get the lcd issues resolved, the ic will need a firmware redeploy before it’ll talk to the car correctly.

oh, and until you get it working, gateway will NOT charge your 12v battery until the redeploy is successful. So watch your 12v battery voltage because you could kill your 12v battery in a few hours.
Realdeel not sold replacement screens, not the entire IC so if the prob just is a loose/misaligned connection they should be golden.