Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICD backlighting problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DCGOO

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I have a 2022 refresh X. I am wondering if my Instrument Cluster (dash) display has a problem. Are the edges of my display normal, or do I have a problem and should open a service ticket?

Near the top, the upper half of the Speed Limit sign is washed out. Also on the far right, the TACC set speed limit and Autosteer icons are very dim.

I've attached a pic of the display which (sort of) shows the effect on the speed limit sign, but the TACC and Autosteer icons are not visible when the vehicle is stopped.

I'd love to to get in another refresh to compare, but mine is the only copy of the vehicle I have access to. Let me know if you have observed similar behavior.

IMG_7323.jpeg

100% normal and intentional. It’s called Vignetting. It’s done so that it’s harder to tell where the actual screen starts behind the glass. If it was bright all around, you would see a rectangular border due to the backlit display. I think they will implement OLED in the future to avoid this